He's not getting fired | The Boneyard

He's not getting fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I want it. You want it. He's not so get used to that idea now.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If he's not fired, then Warde better stand up like a man and say "we don't give two ts about football and the direction of this program."

Reaction Score
The conference situation makes it more likely. We need to get serious in the public eye. Hopefully, Warde isn't blind to that too.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't think he gets fired either. I don't even think GDP goes, they have been blaming the lack of talent forever. One more year to get his players in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would love to be wrong. I think we are going to have 3 dozen threads and 500 posts of wasted electrons

Reaction Score
We wet the bed on National TV... Nobody should be safe... There's one guy on our staff that's been safe for a looooong time... Not sure why... Coach Sos... No disrespect to dude... I'm sure he's got ability but he's been around from the beginning of this FBS thing, no? EVERYBODY else has moved on... but him it seems... Is his ability to recruit that good? So good that his role (WR coach) doesn't warrant a closer look at a potential change? Just sayin... Our WR corp isn't that bad, BUT how many times do you make key drops in a game? each game? In a BIG spot (none bigger than today with the nation watching).... I know I know, he's not the one making the drops.. but if you can't demand excellence on the field of play, WTF? How many times have we seen this? Drops and drops... u give the next guy a shot til u find the guy that's not gonna drop the pill in the big spot... plain and simple...

Something's gotta change.. Coaches shouldn't be safe...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You can't fire the players but sure in the heck can fire the coaching staff. Staying put is not a winning answer or helpful for the future of Uconn football

Reaction Score
2 time outs wasted because the wildcat was going to be used is grounds alone for firing

Reaction Score
We wet the bed on National TV... Nobody should be safe... There's one guy on our staff that's been safe for a looooong time... Not sure why... Coach Sos... No disrespect to dude... I'm sure he's got ability but he's been around from the beginning of this FBS thing, no? EVERYBODY else has moved on... but him it seems... Is his ability to recruit that good? So good that his role (WR coach) doesn't warrant a closer look at a potential change? Just sayin... Our WR corp isn't that bad, BUT how many times do you make key drops in a game? each game? In a BIG spot (none bigger than today with the nation watching).... I know I know, he's not the one making the drops.. but if you can't demand excellence on the field of play, WTF? How many times have we seen this? Drops and drops... u give the next guy a shot til u find the guy that's not gonna drop the pill in the big spot... plain and simple...

Something's gotta change.. Coaches shouldn't be safe...

Good post Tuck. This two coaching staff's in a row that fall in love with starters and don't utilize other players on their roster. I love Nick Williams, but he had so many drops this year it was criminal to not see what you could get from Tebucky Jones or Deshon Foxx. Oh well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He's gone. He's the single biggest reason we are still in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Well here it is. If we stand pat on the coach and the size of the stadium then, chances are, we are not going to be invited to another conference. If Warde make a complete upheaval then we are going in a complete different direction.

If things don't change then next year will be the same as this one, with no invite.

We were on national TV with no fans.

I stayed till the end. I got there at 1PM. I saw the Senior Day stuff. Tomorrow on to the soccer quarterfinals. Can't do more than that.

Reaction Score
https://twitter.com/eddaigneault/status/275044433689460736

@EdDaigneault: More Griffin on staff: "As soon as they get their recruits in here, they'll turn this thing around."

This makes me really sad pissed. How whack are these coaches that one of your best players is saying that about himself and his teammates?? Is that the mantra they are spouting to these kids? Have they been telling them the reason Uconn hasn't been winning is because these kids are wrong or not good enough???

I realize that is only my interpretation, but now I want those two clowns gone more than ever.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
To continually parade Williams out there at WR was foolish. To continue next year to parade HC Blue and OC Luther is Athletic suicide. And CT Mike is spot on. mr Buffalo AD alum best get off his fat a.. and show he knows how to turn this titanic FB program around. So not impressed with him or the pretty lady

Reaction Score
They're gone. The ACC decision was 110% about football and that ultimately cost UConn tens of millions of dollars. A $1 M buyout is a non-issue, drop in the bucket now.

If they're still here by Tuesday, WM and SH have basically said we don't care that we're stuck in the NBE...

Reaction Score
Let's keep in mind here: this is not Warde Manuel's man. Like the QB or HC that an NFL team's new GM did not bring in, there isn't necessarily a connection there, and getting rid of them will not be seen as his failure. If something keeps PP here, I think it will be finances, but I'm just not sure what the buyout is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom