"He's like (UConn's Jim) Calhoun -- old warriors. He'll get through this." | The Boneyard

"He's like (UConn's Jim) Calhoun -- old warriors. He'll get through this."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just hope that these writers who has killed Calhoun in the past take a step back and think about what his program has been accused of doing compared to Syracuse. Calhoun shouldn't be in the conversation right now, at all.

I understand that Boeheim had nothing to do with this but Calhoun got a ton of for defending his salary, and got a ton of for being in charge of a program that sent extra text messages to recruits. Pretty sure Boeheim surviving an angry rant against kids who may have been abused by a friend of his is on a different level.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I just hope that these writers who has killed Calhoun in the past take a step back and think about what his program has been accused of doing compared to Syracuse. Calhoun shouldn't be in the conversation right now, at all.

I understand that Boeheim had nothing to do with this but Calhoun got a ton of for defending his salary, and got a ton of for being in charge of a program that sent extra text messages to recruits. Pretty sure Boeheim surviving an angry rant against kids who may have been abused by a friend of his is on a different level.
huh? where is calhoun in the conversations?

Reaction Score
It's just a personality comparison. Nobody is comparing their situations. You're reading something that's not there.

Reaction Score
This is another OT topic. Please remember it's a UCONN board. Not that this stuff is not interesting but it makes it easier for those of us that have read enough about abusing children to skip the threads.

On a side note- it will be interesting to see if JB gets dragged trough the mud- all JC has to do is fart in public and the police show up.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I think it's unfortunate that Calhoun's name gets pulled into the SU mess, even in passing. What JC has gone though isn't even close to what JB is going through. In today's blogosphere and everybody has an opinion age, guilt by association is a very real and fast moving event. I cringed when I saw JC's name referenced in the article.

Reaction Score
I think it's unfortunate that Calhoun's name gets pulled into the SU mess, even in passing. What JC has gone though isn't even close to what JB is going through. In today's blogosphere and everybody has an opinion age, guilt by association is a very real and fast moving event. I cringed when I saw JC's name referenced in the article.
Exactly my reaction and the reason for the post. I understand people may think I am reading too far into it, but I hate to even see his name mentioned in this.

Reaction Score
It's definitly unfair to drag JC's name in to the SU thing; the situations are completely different. However, 'the source' was probably someone who was contacted over the phone, put on the spot, and then just said the first words that came to mind. At least we know now that JB is comparing himself to JC.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I can believe it was an unintentional association, meant more to bolster Boeheim than cut Calhoun. But it is unfortunate that it reinforces certain negative connotations. I'm coming to accept that as part of Calhoun's fate. Time will do much to assuage those wounds. Once he finally retires, his legacy will come to full light in the national media, and it will be one of true greatness.

Reaction Score
Dispicable to try and make that comparison. And as many here know, I have been critical of Calhoun's management of the basketball program on many things, but anything he did or failed to do absolutley pales in relation to what is alleged to have gone on at Syracuse. And I don't believe for a second that Boeheim didn't have any idea of it. If he had any sense of decency, I think he would resign immediately. This stuff happened on his watch. Think of the lesson in taking responsiblity it would teach. Instead of playing Sgt. Schultz...

Reaction Score
There are lots of people making arses of themselves right now, including Vitale, but the biggest stooge is Whitlock. After hearing the Fine tape, he says that Davis is not a victim, but a conniver.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
ESPN sat on the tape "Because they didn't know what to do with it." They knew it was important enough to keep it for eight years, but had no clue it should have been turned over to federal authorities. Davis indicated to them he had been taken out of state in his 2003 revelation to ESPN. At the very least the legal department at ESPN needed to advise ESPN they were holding evidence in a Federal matter.

Reaction Score
There are lots of people making arses of themselves right now, including Vitale, but the biggest stooge is Whitlock. After hearing the Fine tape, he says that Davis is not a victim, but a conniver.

Whitlock has been on a crusade against ESPN, and vehemently trashed them when this first came out. Some of his points I agreed with. But now he's just dug in, and isn't turning back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom