Hero Sports article on HC Mora & UConn | The Boneyard

Hero Sports article on HC Mora & UConn

Reaction Score
If Mora goes 3-9, they should immediately seek donations for a future statute of him.
The line above stood out for me. I think we can do better than 3-9. If Zion can improve quite a bit in the next 2 weeks, I think we got a legit chance of beating Syracuse. If we can beat Syracuse, then we definitely can have a better record than 3-9 (I predicted 6-6 fyi).

Reaction Score
The line above stood out for me. I think we can do better than 3-9. If Zion can improve quite a bit in the next 2 weeks, I think we got a legit chance of beating Syracuse. If we can beat Syracuse, then we definitely can have a better record than 3-9 (I predicted 6-6 fyi).
I didn’t predict 6-6, but agree with most of your premise. It really rests on ZT now (unless CM steps up). if ZT can use the CC game to get steady and then takes a step with the SU game we have a shot of winning it. Then the season gets real interesting.

Of course, that’s a few key “if”s.…

Reaction Score
I didn’t predict 6-6, but agree with most of your premise. It really rests on ZT now (unless CM steps up). if ZT can use the CC game to get steady and then takes a step with the SU game we have a shot of winning it. Then the season gets real interesting.

Of course, that’s a few key “if”s.…
You are right. I fully expect we beat Fruit U. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think our much improved OL can do it.

Reaction Score
In an interview after the game Mora said he dropped the ball on teaching the players how to handle success. It’s weird and much easier said than done. This program hasn’t many opportunities to win. But most of the team is new which might be a benefit for him. Maintaining composure and focusing on the end goal will may reduce the roller coaster games like this one. Albeit injuries played a role but those are things you can’t really control.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i especially liked the team 6.5 yards per carry, resulting in hundreds of yards for the ground game.
if all the other o stuff doesn't quite get there, i firmly believe that we could ground and pound our way to a good record. even the Utah coach called us 'big.'
as far as the oft heard observations here on a soft d backfield effort, coach mora, pre and post game, regularly mentioned his view on them having a top receiving core. obviously, he played that way on d to avoid repeated disaster, hoping for a bit of dline pressure to speed up their tosses.
what if it went down like:
loose panels, 'we're gonna be in glue coverage, and jump them, and whack them with our d backfield!'
coach mora, 'no, we're not. im in charge.'

Reaction Score
this is such a common idea by uconn fans that it just might happen

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom