Hermann says Pernetti played role in turning down BE/ESPN deal | The Boneyard

Hermann says Pernetti played role in turning down BE/ESPN deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Found this in the text of what Hermann said to those journalism students when she made her infamous statements about the NJ Star Ledger. (Apologize if already posted months ago) I can't help but read anything I can find on Hermann. Feels like watching a ticking time bomb.

On whether she agrees with how ESPN reported the Mike Rice situation:
“Listen, when you’ve got a tape, that’s bad. We’ve never seen a tape like that. I think there’s that, plus there was literally no love lost between ESPN and my predecessor, for many reasons. I think given the opportunity to roll tape, and given the opportunity to tear him apart, they weren’t going to miss that opportunity. A lot of people, right or wrong, blame Tim (Pernetti) for busting up the Big East. Which kind of started with his dialogue about needing to turn down the deal with ESPN with the Big East. So there was a massive war between those guys. Was it worse because of that? I don’t know. I mean, did you know about all that? I don’t know if it was worse.”

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...dont_seem_to_give_back_to_the_university.html

Reaction Score
Didn't the majority of BE members vote to reject it? Sounds like there's a lot of blame to spread around there.

Reaction Score
The Pitt AD and the RU AD were the main proponents of turning down the deal. UConn wanted it signed. Only uconn USF and Cincinnati got screwed in the end. Fun times.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
She is definitely one of these...

Reaction Score
Didn't the majority of BE members vote to reject it? Sounds like there's a lot of blame to spread around there.

No, the opposition came from 4. Pitt, Rutgers, Georgetown, and... ? Forget who the 4th was, maybe West Virginia, but certainly it was a football school.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Notre Dame wanted to turn it down as did several other basketball schools.

The more you read words that come out of Hermann's mouth, the more you think that she's simply an idiot.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
I'm starting to wonder if the Big East exit fee was calibrated to media revenue and all the schools with plans to leave wanted to minimize media revenue to reduce their exit fee.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is what happens when you listen to Waylon.

Right. How did turning down that offer work out for everyone? Oh yeah, they all doubled up the ESPN offer. Actually, the hoops schools did better than a 2x.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Right. How did turning down that offer work out for everyone? Oh yeah, they all doubled up the ESPN offer. Actually, the hoops schools did better than a 2x.

LOL they could have left even if the Big East signed the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom