Here's the deal......... | The Boneyard

Here's the deal.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At least my opinion thus far as little as it means......

Most of us bought into what we saw the last 3 games.......we were unbelievably happy with the MSU win as they came out like a team of destiny and held off a charge by a good Spartan team. We won't see many starts like that this year and that's okay. We will see a lot of starts where we will all wince a little at some plays, the lack of rebounding vs smaller opponents and the inability to find the basket on offense. That's okay too.......see we all knew they were going to have an up and down year, we wrote it and thought it........they aren't going to magically turn it around either but they are going to work to get better and come to play with the UCONN on their jersey's wearing it proudly......

We now know they will get out rebounded a lot, sometimes killed I'm sure, and yet they may stay in the game. We will write our thoughts on this board about certain guys in certain games with hopes they improve, that's okay too. Again, 30 practice games with a group of kids playing their hearts out, trying to be everything you want them to be, KO and the staff want them to be and every Husky of the past want them to be. My gut feeling, knowing Donny Marshall, Ray Allen, Travis Knight, Caron Butler, Kemba Walker, Jim Calhoun, Dee Rowe etc etc, these guys will be more respected for their hard work and effort no matter how many wins they get, than last years tourney team.

It's a long year and after watching the last 3 games it's not going to get any shorter if you are looking for the pot of gold........but I do know this, they will all be better and be very focused on getting that uniform they are so proud to wear back to the NCAA tourney in 2013-14 and that's what this year is all about.......and at 4-1 so far this year I must admit despite some ugliness I expect they will do just that!!!!

Reaction Score
Agree Mau..so far the highlight of this season for me was the post game interview with KO after the the St game where he we went out of his way to praise the guys who stayed and represent the jersey..

U

UCONNfan1

Good post. agree 100%. I think most all of us would have signed up for 4-1 after 5 games this year in a heartbeat. It IS going to be an up and down year. I still maintain that anything above a .500 record is going to be considered a success, and anything approaching 20 wins is going to be considered a fantastic season...

I think we will struggle a lot more in the big east than many would like to acknowledge. Just looking at the rebounding margin the first 5 games - and none of those teams play like the beasts in the BE...

Reaction Score
At least my opinion thus far as little as it means......
My gut feeling, knowing Donny Marshall, Ray Allen, Travis Knight, Caron Butler, Kemba Walker, Jim Calhoun, Dee Rowe etc etc, these guys will be more respected for their hard work and effort no matter how many wins they get, than last years tourney team.

I agree. I like the lunchpail attitude of the team so far and what the coach is saying. The rubber will meet the road when we eventually go something like 1-6 or have a very bad stretch of games. The talk is the talk, backing that up is the key and Calhoun never seemed to let any of his teams really spiral out of control. It seemed like they used losses to get stronger and mentally tougher. I would like to think that Ollie will continue that....but we'll see. That could be a big differentiator for him.

Reaction Score
I agree.

One adjustment I would like to se is start Nolan and have Calhoun come off the bench.

I really think in (some) games we need two bigs and Daniels up front.

And by doing this will have more scoring off the bench.

I realize it will be to our advantage to play 3 guards against some teams but against others(especially in the BE) 2 bigs might not be a bad idea.

Reaction Score
The lack of competitive rebounding is going to be a problem all season unless our bigs have a true awakening. Probably not going to happen. But of greater concern to me is the lack of scoring we've seen. I believe against NM we went on a "no basket" scoring drought for close to or even more than 10 minutes. How we ever managed to stay close was simply NM was almost as futile. 10 minutes!

Last year we went nuts when that team didn't score for an opening 3 or 4 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom