Here's hoping MacEntee can... | The Boneyard

Here's hoping MacEntee can...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
take the reigns of this team on offense and lead... Hope he watched Romo last night... A leader leads.... He's clearly the guy at this point...

Reaction Score
In a three QB rotation (which we still have despite comments by PP re JMac standing out) it is very difficult to assert the kind of ownership, command and leadership of the team ala Tony Romo. I'll be satisfied with competent, productive, performance.

Reaction Score
i get your point but Mac plays like 75-80% of the game... its hardly the rotation people make it out to be. plenty of teams have a 'wildcat' set that comes in occassionaly.

as long as he doesn't turn the ball over and we can find our running game again, i'll be satisfied with this weekend.

Reaction Score
let's hope he can limit turnovers and make them respect our pass enough to only stack 8 in the box.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
1) Stop throwing off his back foot
2) Learn to step up in the pocket when it forms around the back of him

Most of the other production problems will be subsequently improved by improvement in these areas.

Reaction Score
take the reigns of this team on offense and lead... Hope he watched Romo last night... A leader leads.... He's clearly the guy at this point...

I get your point but... Romo? ugh...

Reaction Score
Win. That's the only thing I need him to do. Whether he helps us win, wins for us or doesn't prevent us from winning, any of those is fine.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are leaders not Tony Romo as of yet. He has won nothing as a pro.

I want Johnny to be a leader and with getting used to throwing from the pocket and standing in there he will get better. That is my hope at least.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Here's what DeLeone said (from the courant)
"Now, the son of a gun could have shriveled up, taken his ball and gone home, but he worked his tail off in practice last week. I could see it in his eyes. It was different. He was focused and it resulted in a better outing. Whether he can start stringing a few of those together? To be continued, as they say. But that's what has to happen or else it's going to become more and more difficult to run this offense."
Kind of sounds like a Boneyard post!

Reaction Score
Yes. God forbid we ever get back to the Fiesta Bowl but with poor QB play again. That's a disastorous season.

I'm not implying that we had a bad season. It was obviously a great season for us. I just find it a little sad that our ambitions are finding a Quarterback good enough to not lose games for the rest of the team. But here we are, and it would be considered an improvement.

Reaction Score
I'm not implying that we had a bad season. It was obviously a great season for us. I just find it a little sad that our ambitions are finding a Quarterback good enough to not lose games for the rest of the team. But here we are, and it would be considered an improvement.

The only ambition of import is winning football games. That is my point. Too much time is spent worrying about how we win football games as opposed to whether we win football games.

Reaction Score
Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are leaders not Tony Romo as of yet. He has won nothing as a pro.

I want Johnny to be a leader and with getting used to throwing from the pocket and standing in there he will get better. That is my hope at least.

IF you base being a leader on winning championships ONLY you got a point ... but remember this is UCONN... We don't have a chance in hell to win the championship ( in our case the National Championship ) like a Brady or Manning... My point is not about rings it's about commanding the respect of the unit you work with out on the field...

Oh, btw, Romo does NOT have what Brady and Manning do have: owners who sit back and let their coaches coach... Coach Jerry Jones has ruined the Cowboy franchise by constantly being at the center of everything ( if it's not him then his kids are involved )... He needs to realize that he's still THE man because he owns the franchise, but he's a 80's George Steinbrenner clone.. Even I'll admit that our last Super Bowl was a bit of a fluke because Jimmy Johnson didn't run that team... If he was still HC we'd have at least 7 rings by now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom