Here's a throwback for you | The Boneyard

Here's a throwback for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
walking down the street from my house in Bridgeport. The company took this down, I guess to replace the old board with a digital one but it made me chuckle. I posted it on FB and someone asked "Which player was that?" I totally cracked up!
image.jpg

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
What's that he's holding in his hand? And what the hell is a snet?

The way I heard it, the snets kind of ate the snipe population and took over their niche.

Reaction Score
First person I thought about was Ray Broxton, but I don't think that is correct. I am thinking it is not a uconn player, but some actor. Probably NCAA violation if it was a player

Reaction Score
First person I thought about was Ray Broxton, but I don't think that is correct. I am thinking it is not a uconn player, but some actor. Probably NCAA violation if it was a player

You are correct. It's one thing for the NCAA to capitalize on a players likeness, but no way they would let any old corporation get away with it.

Reaction Score
What's that he's holding in his hand? And what the hell is a snet?

Painful joke!

When I was growing up people had one of these per house (for some reason it seems you didn't need two), fist fights occurred with my brother when talking too long. Before twitter we would talk in code cuz its hard to have privacy with this thing in your living room. No caller ID or voice mail came with these contraptions either.

BTW: My first cell phone wasn't much smaller.

images

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Painful joke!

When I was growing up people had one of these per house (for some reason it seems you didn't need two), fist fights occurred with my brother when talking too long. Before twitter we would talk in code cuz its hard to have privacy with this thing in your living room. No caller ID or voice mail came with these contraptions either.

BTW: My first cell phone wasn't much smaller.

images
Did you know that area codes were originally assigned based on population density so denser areas had a shorter dial on rotary phones and calls would overall be completed more quickly. NYC 212, LA 213, Chicago 312, Dallas Fort Worth 214, Michigan 313, Pittsburgh 412, Philly 215

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
In the 50's it was not uncommon to have a "party line" meaning you shared your phone with some
other person you didn't even know. If they were on you hung up and vice-versa.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Southern New England Telephone Company. Wow, sometimes I forget how old and broken down I am.
I still see HELCO metal letters on some of the older telephone poles in the neighborhood.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
In the 50's it was not uncommon to have a "party line" meaning you shared your phone with some
other person you didn't even know. If they were on you hung up and vice-versa.

I had a party line into the late 80s or early 90s from SNET... that was because the wiring was so bad you'd lift up your phone and hear someone else talking. Hell we didn't even have pulse dialing until the mid 92 or 93.

Reaction Score
I kept an old phone so when we lose power we still have a usable phone.

Reaction Score
looks like Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky