Here's a Talent Indicator For The Non-Believers | The Boneyard

Here's a Talent Indicator For The Non-Believers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMG_4083.JPG

Reaction Score
The offense is so terrible once an opponent get's a FG and up 3-0 they put the 3rd stringers in to mop up!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Excellent defense. Several NFL prospects on that side of the ball. We need our offense to catch up to it in 2016. All starts up front at OL.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
What would our offensive numbers look like without the Temple debacle and the Tulane monsoon? Somewhat in jest, but trying to keep some perspective here...

(and to those who will flog this - keep in mind you're talking a grand total of 12 data points for every team. When 1/6 of your games are "flawed," it matters)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
In terms of moving the ball, the offense probably looked its absolute best against ECU and USF. UCF was good too but I won't count that because UCF is horrendous.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Talent is not binary. It's not an either/or proposition. Can we at least agree on that?

-the players posses some measure of raw ability (talent) but it doesn't exist in a vacuum. There are imperfect attempts to measure and compare it, but it is coached, and hopefully, improves over time. Diaco is counting on this.
-we have a team loaded with frosh and sophomores. They are comparatively lacking in experience and therefore not as talented as they will be when they are seniors, especially compared with some units we faced this year.
-that doesn't mean I or others don't think there is ANY talent, there is merely SOME talent. More on the defense than on the offense. And I'm fine with that for where they are in their development, though I expect another step forward next year.

Reaction Score
119 out of 127 and it felt like the best offense we've had in forever.
Only one thing you can say....#uptick

Excellent defense. Several NFL prospects on that side of the ball. We need our offense to catch up to it in 2016. All starts up front at OL.

Without the "Sheriff" and with an OL that is still developing, we would have been 126 out of 127, just ahead (barely) of UCF.

Reaction Score
talent or scheme?
On the defensive side, IMO, talent with new pups melting in with existing players and
coaching.

...... Now if we can get the offensive side ..........

Reaction Score
Good news is that we lose no one on O, except Samra. And you have to believe Crozier slipping back in to C and Vechery retruning to OG is actually an upgrade. Now, if we can get our OTs to hit more like Tarzan and less like Jane, well, now we got something.

Reaction Score
Not going to win- consistently - in today's college game without an offense that can regularly put up 24 or more points per game. For UConn that would have to be 8 FG's because they still struggle to get to the end zone.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I can't believe we have no one on the roster who can return a punt. Speaks to depth, recruiting and scheme

Reaction Score
Honest question, who do you see on the defense as being drafted?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Honest question, who do you see on the defense as being drafted?

Summers and Fatukasi are locks in my opinion. If Carrezola continues on his upward trajectory he should be in there too. Stapleton will get looks just based on athleticism alone. Campenni should be in the late rounds this year, and if Adams has a good series of workouts/combine he might get a look as well. Maybe Obi if he keeps playing the way he did the second half of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom