Here's a quote a lot of you will like | The Boneyard

Here's a quote a lot of you will like

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I love hearing that when the source is the coach. With the undersized unit we have this year, it will be the key to success.

Reaction Score
Thats great. I like how we play a tough non conference schedule right from the start. Michigan St and NC State all before the second week of December. We are going to see what this team is made of pretty quick.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
It takes a commitment by the players to be in great shape and work hard every single minute of the game. Assuming they rise to this challenge (and I'm guessing that under Ollie they will), watching the games and rooting for the players should be great fun. Just 16 days! I can't wait.

Reaction Score
I can tell you right now, Ryan Boatright is going to tear it up. This type of style is the way this team has to play and if they perfect it we could be very good. Boatright, Napier, Calhoun and Daniels are all absolutely perfect for this style of play, the other guys can all run too.

Reaction Score
I can tell you right now, Ryan Boatright is going to tear it up. This type of style is the way this team has to play and if they perfect it we could be very good. Boatright, Napier, Calhoun and Daniels are all absolutely perfect for this style of play, the other guys can all run too.

Yeah they have a lot of open court players for sure and I think you can add Giffey to that....he's been quietly a very good finisher with more confidence in the open court than a half court set.........

hearing great things and excited to see them in action!!................

Reaction Score
You're right it should be a great style for Giffey. Niels can do a lot of things well, he's one of my favorite players. The openness of the game should really help him, don't think we've seen his full potential because he always seemed a bit tentative waiting for the Calhoun hook.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
You're right it should be a great style for Giffey. Niels can do a lot of things well, he's one of my favorite players. The openness of the game should really help him, don't think we've seen his full potential because he always seemed a bit tentative waiting for the Calhoun hook.

I agree that an open court game could be a great fit for Giffey. He has the potential to be able to be a, excuse the associations, "point forward" on the break. He can pass it and push it some. JC did come down on him, well, all of the time, but also after some plays where he tried to make a too fine, a too difficult pass in traffic when on a break or pushing it up the floor. The thing was, even as a freshman, those passes were often just a tad bit off.

My main wish for Giff is that he says, "Screw it, I'm going out and play my game and make things happen." When he stops thinking too much, he can be really good. I'm not sure at all that we will ever see that, unfortunately. But it could happen. This year would be a great time. I would like to see KO run plays where Giff becomes the "go to" guy for periods of time early in the season in the cupcake games (assuming there are some). Tell him to get in there and score the ball.

Reaction Score
Yeah they have a lot of open court players for sure and I think you can add Giffey to that....he's been quietly a very good finisher with more confidence in the open court than a half court set..
"I don't mean this in a bad way," but I expect Niels to break out now that Calhoun is not the Coach any more. Just a hunch.

Reaction Score
The press is going to be an awesome offensive weapon. With our lack of bigs, keeping the ball from getting into the paint and running off on turnovers is going to be so much fun to watch.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"I don't mean this in a bad way," but I expect Niels to break out now that Calhoun is not the Coach any more. Just a hunch.
I agree. I also expect this from DD.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Excited for this year despite no postseason. Hope the kids understand that every game in the BE is basically their postseason.

Although this run and press style suits our players skills, we have to be careful of foul trouble with this style of play. Our team does not have much depth (especially in the frontcourt) and if we get a group of officials calling ticky-tack reach-ins, we could be in trouble.

Excited none-the less

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
no idea why i posting videos but hearing ollie and reading his quotes gets me jacked up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom