Here's a chuckle | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Here's a chuckle

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm so glad this is a Clemson free zone since they've been irrelevant in WBB for a generation. We can't even get that on Gamecock boards.
They were relevant (to us anyway) when Glenney went there. :cool:

Reaction Score
Possibly, lol, though there may be a few gentlemen from Jersey.
My late brother lived happily in NJ for nearly 40 years. I’d call him a gentleman...especially given that his license plate was “CT HOOPS” and he passed away quite suddenly while watching a UConn game.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
If anyone pays more than $50 for a ticket, they're crazy.

Last year my wife and I went to Cincy to see the Huskies play the Bearcats. (Although we won, it was a sloppy and uninspiring game, like some of our recent games.)

We paid $5 on the Cincy website for our seats that were lower mid-court. Great seats!

On the way home , we ran into a couple of UConn fans also living in Michigan. The husband had purchased their tickets as a gift for his wife on Stubhub or a similar venue - he paid $75 per ticket.

I thought it best not to tell him what we got ours for ........................

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Last year my wife and I went to Cincy to see the Huskies play the Bearcats. (Although we won, it was a sloppy and uninspiring game, like some of our recent games.)

We paid $5 on the Cincy website for our seats that were lower mid-court. Great seats!

On the way home , we ran into a couple of UConn fans also living in Michigan. The husband had purchased their tickets as a gift for his wife on Stubhub or a similar venue - he paid $75 per ticket.

I thought it best not to tell him what we got ours for ........................

My mom lives in Cincinnati and has taken full advantage of the cheap UC tickets the last couple of years. She's hoping that they won't be too much more expensive when they shift their Cincinnati trips to Xavier.

Reaction Score
Doesn't SC means something different depending where you are at the time of it's use? If you are in Arizona and say SC it means Southern Cal but if you are in Durham it means that other Carolina.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
My late brother lived happily in NJ for nearly 40 years. I’d call him a gentleman...especially given that his license plate was “CT HOOPS” and he passed away quite suddenly while watching a UConn game.
I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

Obviously, I was just joking about New Jersey's reputation, though there is a kernel of truth.

Reaction Score
Doesn't SC means something different depending where you are at the time of it's use? If you are in Arizona and say SC it means Southern Cal but if you are in Durham it means that other Carolina.

This whole discussion is just something you have to let people get out of their system.

You have to be conscious of the fact that this is new ground or at least infrequently trod ground for some folks. We of course have heard it 15,000 times.

If we're in Raleigh, we know that saying Carolina is going to draw comments or confusion. If we're out of the Southeast, we know that USC might be genuinely confusing. But for the most part, we don't have any trouble with people understanding who we're talking about. Mostly, it is people doing a very old comedy routine.

Sort of like the whole 'Cocks thing.

Reaction Score
My worst memory of a Uconn game was some years back when we played Rutgers (when their team was actually in contention) at Rutgers. They made it a practice of selling the visitor tickets in the worst possible seating area. My wife and I and another couple sat at the very top and needed binoculars to see the players on the floor. To top it off we sat over the exhaust system on the bus ride home. But we won. Isn't the seating on SNY great!!!

Reaction Score
I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

Obviously, I was just joking about New Jersey's reputation, though there is a kernel of truth.
As an arrogant, 12th generation Nutmegger, I confess to regularly hammering the Garden State. But, here’s the thing : most folks from Jersey handle it with aplomb and frequently hand it back in spades !

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
As an arrogant, 12th generation Nutmegger, I confess to regularly hammering the Garden State. But, here’s the thing : most folks from Jersey handle it with aplomb and frequently hand it back in spades !

Absolutely; busting one's chops/banter is fun, though many people in the South don't have a clue what to do with my directness, lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom