Here's a chuckle | The Boneyard

Here's a chuckle

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, I was checking to see if the USC/UCONN game is sold out for February 10th (close, but not quite), but someone has tickets for sale for $500 apiece. It will be a tough ticket, but not that tough.

If they really start jumping, I’m 100% selling my tickets. :eek:

Reaction Score
Stubhub has upper level general admission starting at $24. Lots of lower level center court still nowhere close to $500.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
My season tickets are 4 rows behind the opposing head coach; 101 is a lower level baseline section on the home bench end of the court.

Reaction Score
This thread had me totally confused wondering how USC—SOUTHERN CAL—got on the schedule and why anyone would pay $500 to watch UConn demolish them. Checking the schedule I see you easterners are under the mistaken impression USC stands for University of South Carolina.....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This thread had me totally confused wondering how USC—SOUTHERN CAL—got on the schedule and why anyone would pay $500 to watch UConn demolish them. Checking the schedule I see you easterners are under the mistaken impression USC stands for University of South Carolina.....

Not all easterners.... just residents of the state of Lesser Carolina :p

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It does;; after all, the University of South Carolina was founded almost 50 years before California became a state.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm with you. I never knew U of So. Carolina was known as USC. It's been a few years since I first saw that reference, here on the BY. When I see USC I NEVER think of So. Carolina. The wife and I have very dear friends (NH natives raised in Ct.) in Columbia, I will try and remember to ask them about the USC reference and report back..

Reaction Score
This year they changed their logo to UofSC. Not everyone down here is happy about it.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It does;; after all, the University of South Carolina was founded almost 50 years before California became a state.
As Southern Carolina College. Maybe you should use SCC???

Reaction Score
One minor correction. People at the University of Southern California never refer to themselves as “Southern Cal.” That’s what sportscasters from New York (and Connecticut) call them. It’s always “USC” or “SC.”

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This year they changed their logo to USofC. Not everyone down here is happy about it.
If this is not a joke or sarcasm, USofC makes no sense.

Reaction Score
One minor correction. People at the University of Southern California never refer to themselves as “Southern Cal.” That’s what sportscasters from New York (and Connecticut) call them. It’s always “USC” or “SC.”
Oh, I agree. I only used Southern California to differentiate between it and South Carolina for the sake of this list. Being from a PAC-12 school, I always say USC, as in I enjoying watching CU women beat USC last week. I do hear SC from time to time but I have spent seven decades saying USC.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
There are multiple USC's...and every other abbreviated university tag. I don't think there is but one Gamecock that people relate to. I know Jacksonville St. are Gamecocks but when you say Gamecocks...you know who it is. I think they should ditch USC and Carolina and use their unique mascot name. I never understood the USCe and other stuff people use as a swipe...just say Gamecocks like people use UCONN....or the Vols....or the Crimson Tide....or any other name....Alabama doesn't use AU and Tennessee doesn't use UT....be unique ! The USofC sucks...lol...

Reaction Score
In the football centric universe USC has always meant Southern Cal, just as UT has
aways meant Texas.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If I didn't like you, I'd bring up a score from December. ;)

On another note, the tagline "Southern Gentleman" is ironic under my avatar, since I am a native of NJ and both of my parents were from NYC. I chuckle every time I see it.
So the “Gentleman” piece must be incorrect also? :D

Reaction Score
There are multiple USC's...and every other abbreviated university tag. I don't think there is but one Gamecock that people relate to. I know Jacksonville St. are Gamecocks but when you say Gamecocks...you know who it is. I think they should ditch USC and Carolina and use their unique mascot name. I never understood the USCe and other stuff people use as a swipe...just say Gamecocks like people use UCONN....or the Vols....or the Crimson Tide....or any other name....Alabama doesn't use AU and Tennessee doesn't use UT....be unique ! The USofC sucks...lol...
In national championship game did you root for the Tigers or the Tigers?

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
In national championship game did you root for the Tigers or the Tigers?
The Tigers that play in Death Valley.....I guess that didn't help either. LSU....

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The Tigers that play in Death Valley.....I guess that didn't help either. LSU....
I'm so glad this is a Clemson free zone since they've been irrelevant in WBB for a generation. We can't even get that on Gamecock boards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom