Here we go again. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Here we go again.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don’t buy this if I’m being real. Probably involves only Spanos
I think Mora and Charlton are very strong personalities behind closed doors, but is that really different from other programs? I'm not going to rush to any judgement....lets see the product and lets see if the program discontent really spreads beyond one dude.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind there were multiple coaching profiles put out there today... he doesn't say to whom he's referring.

Also posted at 8:00 this morning:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Seems like this guy has a personal vendetta against Mora, so grain of salt. Seems more like a hack than an "objective" journalist...

Godfrey is a complex character. He works hard to be an objective and thoughtful national college football commentator with an ear on all FBS programs as best as one can watch 131 programs. He really does a great job sussing out how coaches, admin and boosters shape the sport and in the process point out what is in between the lines. He also has strong deep seated views on society/politics that shapes his POV and his presentation. Regardless, he is entertaining even if you tend to disagree with his thinly veiled politics.

As for his ax on Mora, its too early for me to take stock in it. Does everyone (every FBS coach) need to be universally loved? I would say its not possible.

Reaction Score
Godfrey is a complex character. He works hard to be an objective and thoughtful national college football commentator with an ear on all FBS programs as best as one can watch 131 programs. He really does a great job sussing out how coaches, admin and boosters shape the sport and in the process point out what is in between the lines. He also has strong deep seated views on society/politics that shapes his POV and his presentation. Regardless, he is entertaining even if you tend to disagree with his thinly veiled politics.

As for his ax on Mora, its too early for me to take stock in it. Does everyone (every FBS coach) need to be universally loved? I would say its not possible.
Keep in mind Godfrey tends to be a hater. They dont make this shirt for everyone.
Appreciate the context. Never heard of this guy before today. It's not possible to be a coach and be universally loved -- but thats for fans to love/hate someone. Journalists should not do that. They are supposed to be objective. Steven is 100% not so I have no respect for him as it relates to anything concerning Mora. We see that with what's his face BC Genius at the Day who hates UConn and writes like it.

Reaction Score
You guys are lucky you don't live in Arizona we have the Coyotes, and Diamond Backs those guys have nothing on the Mets, or Jets. Coyotes are playing in the ASU hockey rink that seats 5000, and I bet they don't sell it out.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Don't worry, I think the curse has finally been lifted. I don't know who is going to admit to being the fan who did it, but clearly someone made a deal with the Devil before the 2010 season that if they allowed UConn to win the Big East and go to a BCS Bowl Game that season, that we would endure the worst 10 season stretch in the history of college football as a program. While I enjoyed the Fiesta Bowl (well, until the 2nd half started), not sure that great season was worth the retribution we were given after that. But we just cleared the 10 season punishment and are now ready to right the ship!

Reaction Score

If that is true, the coaches and players have done an outstanding job of hiding it. Now if he said it about FHCRE2.0 I'd might be more inclined to believe it.
The assistant coaches seem so into it. I'm calling BS.

Reaction Score
We have a mountain house 1 hour away from Logan. We were heading out that way and decided to wait until the end of September. If I had been paying attention, I'd certainly have been at tomorrow's game. Since my being in Ames back in 2002 rooting on Danny O against Seneca Wallace, I think my being there was the difference maker. lol Stupid me for not paying attention to this year's schedule.:oops:

Hoping for a Husky victory!

Reaction Score
A person who is close with somebody on the staff responded to the tweet and said it was BS.

that’s what the response claims, but who knows if that is true. If they are on the Yard, can you please step here? We did not need this bs the day before the first game.

Reaction Score
Every year things are positive going into the season no matter who the coach is or was. Likely the same with every other team. I know it is with UMass. Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
that’s what the response claims, but who knows if that is true. If they are on the Yard, can you please step here? We did not need this bs the day before the first game.
They are on twitter with what appears to be their real name. However the guy who initially wrote the comment has said in the past that he doesn't care if its UCLA, the border crisis or any other problem, Jim Mora is the issue. I am pretty sure I trust the response guy and not the original poster of the comment who hates Jim Mora.

Reaction Score
If there is any negativity emanating then it could just as easily be chalked up to first year staff growing pains. Not every coach and staffer is going to be a perfect fit. It’s never been a secret that Mora is a tough and demanding boss.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
If there is any negativity emanating then it could just as easily be chalked up to first year staff growing pains. Not every coach and staffer is going to be a perfect fit. It’s never been a secret that Mora is a tough and demanding boss.
Ask ex Bama coaches about Saban , very rarely are head coaches loved by the entire staff..Billy Crocker and Lashlee despised Edsall .

Reaction Score
Ask ex Bama coaches about Saban , very rarely are head coaches loved by the entire staff..Billy Crocker and Lashlee despised Edsall .

Yup.

All of us watched the game yesterday, Tons of positive interactions with him and his staff. Pregame hug, etc.

That Godfrey character is a Falcons writer who holds grudges.

Reaction Score
We have a mountain house 1 hour away from Logan. We were heading out that way and decided to wait until the end of September. If I had been paying attention, I'd certainly have been at tomorrow's game. Since my being in Ames back in 2002 rooting on Danny O against Seneca Wallace, I think my being there was the difference maker. lol Stupid me for not paying attention to this year's schedule.:oops:

Hoping for a Husky victory!
Didn't get the "W", but with the exception of the later half of the 2nd Q, I saw a huge improvement over the last few seasons...especially in the intensity. When you factor in the elevation at 4,500' (though not close to some of the mountain schools), it still has an effect.

I'm actually looking forward to the rest of the season. Just need to get the QB situation sorted out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom