Here To Eat Crow. | The Boneyard

Here To Eat Crow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was highly critical of Lyle McCombs early in the year. The kid has improved by leaps and bounds and looks to be next in line in what is becoming a long line of outstanding UConn running backs at the FBS levels. Lyle has proven me wrong.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's hard to be critical after a win.. but after Lyle ripped off that huge 60 yard run in the first quarter... when he ran 120 yards total on one run.. why did they give him the ball on the next play?

Reaction Score
It's hard to be critical after a win.. but after Lyle ripped off that huge 60 yard run in the first quarter... when he ran 120 yards total on one run.. why did they give him the ball on the next play?

I noticed that also. Their inability to let JJL step in for one or two plays after a run like that is just bizarre.

Reaction Score
+1. He was clearly winded. If nothing else that was the perfect opportunity to go play action, but like you said, take the win and move on.

Reaction Score
PP was as surprised as anyone to see a big play on offense. Coaching a modern day offense passed him by years ago.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
PP was as surprised as anyone to see a big play on offense. Coaching a modern day offense passed him by years ago.

For a few hours can't you just hope that Pitt beats Cinci and puts destiny back in UConn's hands?

Reaction Score
Actually I'd rather UConn get an ACC invite.
If the SEC and B1G poach the ACC (which will probably happen), I'd rather stay where we are and let the rest of the schools come to us!

Reaction Score
If the SEC and B1G poach the ACC (which will probably happen), I'd rather stay where we are and let the rest of the schools come to us!

The Big Deceased will be poached again and again as long as the big boys want another team. On the other hand the BD can pull in Temple ? villa nova? maybe UMass?

Better hope that when the music stops UConn has a seat a BCS table.

Reaction Score
The Big Deceased will be poached again and again as long as the big boys want another team. On the other hand the BD can pull in Temple ? villa nova? maybe UMass?

Better hope that when the music stops UConn has a seat a BCS table.
Going by what you are saying, unless we get taken in by the B1G, the end result will be a merger of the best Big East football schools and the best football schools from the ACC. The conference we are developing has high hopes. It's a question of whether the teams win when we need them to. I don't see the Big XII in a rush to add Houston or SMU, nor the ACC in a rush to add USF and UCF. Or the Pac-12 in a rush to add BSU. Cincinnati and Louisville are the only two schools, besides UConn and Rutgers, that have a chance of defecting soon.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actually I'd rather UConn get an ACC invite.

I didn't realize that today's results drove conference realignment. If we are just throwing out things we want... I hope I find the lost 240 million dollar Powerball ticket.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize that today's results drove conference realignment. If we are just throwing out things we want... I hope I find the lost 240 million dollar Powerball ticket.

Relevance?? And, take the 143 up front if you do?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Relevance?? And, take the 143 up front if you do?

I'm pretty sure that my point was 'relevance'. I'd love an invite to the ACC. Even if I had that in my pocket I'd still like to win the league this year.

Reaction Score
No electricity/heat TDH?

I was good all week on both services, thank you. What was interesting is that PP was taking more hits today than the CL&P honcho. The guy probably wishes UConn was home again next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom