Here’s our first look at the Sports Betting Lounge from the RFP attachments | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Here’s our first look at the Sports Betting Lounge from the RFP attachments

Reaction Score
Wawa is great. I wish they had them in CT. I would prefer a Wawa sub over places like Subway or Jersey Mike’s any day.
Wawa was in Connecticut. I used to go to the one in Cromwell all the time. They left the market years ago. Sad day. Just as mad that Tim Horton's left the CT market as well. Nothing better than Timbits on a Sunday morning. Ok Neil's donuts but that's apples and oranges.

Reaction Score
Wawa over Subway? Absolutely.
Wawa over Jimmy John's? yes.
Wawa over Firehouse? Yes.
Wawa over Jersey Mike's? Nah. Mike's is a cut above Wawa.

And please no one bring Sheetz in to this.
Interesting. Is Jersey Mike’s meatball or steak and cheese good? My favorite was DAngelo’s but many closed. In Florida there is Hungry Howie’s (500 nationwide) and they do calzone subs that are amazing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Interesting. Is Jersey Mike’s meatball or steak and cheese good? My favorite was DAngelo’s but many closed. In Florida there is Hungry Howie’s (500 nationwide) and they do calzone subs that are amazing.

Perspective on this.

If I'm going to any of these places I'm somewhat in a hurry and in an unfamiliar location.

When I do order subs I'm a cold cuts and veggies kind of guy.

I couldn't ever see myself ordering a meatball sub, chicken parm, steak and cheese or tuna salad from a chain. Those gotta be from a local mom and pop.

It's Christmas and I have to give you a pass on ypur Hungry Howie assessment but oofff it is not good food.

Reaction Score
Wawa was in Connecticut. I used to go to the one in Cromwell all the time. They left the market years ago. Sad day. Just as mad that Tim Horton's left the CT market as well. Nothing better than Timbits on a Sunday morning. Ok Neil's donuts but that's apples and oranges.
There was one in Wethersfield too IIRC.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
interestingly, wawa actually used to have a pretty big presence in ct. there was one on the corner of york and elm st in downtown new haven. they sold all of their ct stores in the 90's to krauszer's, which is kind of a tragedy considering how terrible krauszer's is.

Ran into Wawa's in NJ (Cape May) and loved it. Sandwiches were just like a good deli, clean and good service. Wish we had them around here.

Reaction Score
Ran into Wawa's in NJ (Cape May) and loved it. Sandwiches were just like a good deli, clean and good service. Wish we had them around here.
The thing with Wawa compared to say a Cumberland Farms is how the subs are made fresh. They are not pre made and sitting in the cooler for hours. Theres just no comparison.

Reaction Score
First introduced to Wawa in Jersey, have them here in Delaware - nothing in CT to compare. My nephew loves the place for subs when he's down here from NY. Coffee is better too.
Wawa was in CT years ago. Had one 5 minutes from where I grew up. They sold out to another chain maybe 25 years ago.

Reaction Score
Gambling in urban centers is certainly a regressive tax in meth-fueled sheep's clothing. So are flat taxes.

I agree with an earlier post, why would I go to XL to place a bet when I can do so from my phone or tablet? Unless you make it a mecca of dining, clubs, something that gives you a reason to be there...this idea seems to be 20 years behind day-to-day reality.
CT solved that issue years ago. just put in jai-alai. that always brings in the heavy hitters.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Gambling in urban centers is certainly a regressive tax in meth-fueled sheep's clothing. So are flat taxes.

I agree with an earlier post, why would I go to XL to place a bet when I can do so from my phone or tablet? Unless you make it a mecca of dining, clubs, something that gives you a reason to be there...this idea seems to be 20 years behind day-to-day reality.

Kinda like Keno

Put them in the places where the people who can least afford it will use it the most, as you stand on a soap box telling the world you're the savior for those very same people

As for me, I like the idea. Anything that could help with the game day experience, attract people and help to revitalize local business I'm for. But there will be unintended consequences. I'm not sire there's any turning back at this point

PS: Yes, it would have to be something more than gaming windows

Reaction Score
Perspective on this.

If I'm going to any of these places I'm somewhat in a hurry and in an unfamiliar location.

When I do order subs I'm a cold cuts and veggies kind of guy.

I couldn't ever see myself ordering a meatball sub, chicken parm, steak and cheese or tuna salad from a chain. Those gotta be from a local mom and pop.

It's Christmas and I have to give you a pass on ypur Hungry Howie assessment but oofff it is not good food.
None of these places have good food- there just like a 711- all processed garbage- maybe considering I only eat twice a day I like to make sure the food is top notch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom