Here’s how NBA scouts view UConn men's basketball freshman Donovan Clingan: 'On everyone’s radar’ (Borges) | The Boneyard

Here’s how NBA scouts view UConn men's basketball freshman Donovan Clingan: 'On everyone’s radar’ (Borges)

Reaction Score

“If he were to stick around at UConn and keep developing, I think he could be, in the near future, where Zach Edey is today,” the scout said. “I think he could be a legitimate National Player of the Year candidate.

“He could be even better than Zach Edey.”

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

“If he were to stick around at UConn and keep developing, I think he could be, in the near future, where Zach Edey is today,” the scout said. “I think he could be a legitimate National Player of the Year candidate.

“He could be even better than Zach Edey.”
Will Smith Reaction GIF

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If Sanogo could improve his rim defense, he'd be NPOY like Emeka was. AS is showing to be a plus one on one post defender but I've been seeing a lot of little guy blow by without attempting to block those shots. IDK if Hurley has instructed him to avoid cheap fouls but with DC behind him, he really should be more aggressive helping.

Reaction Score
Clingan is fortunate to be playing along side Sanogo (and vice versa). But for Clingan to play against on of the best Centers in the Country day in and day out puts him at a tremendous advantage as a freshman.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Clingan is fortunate to be playing along side Sanogo (and vice versa). But for Clingan to play against on of the best Centers in the Country day in and day out puts him at a tremendous advantage as a freshman.

I'm very interested to see where and how he spends his summer developing. He's yet to ever have a full summer dedicated to working out against other high level college and professional bigs and get that kind of coaching.

Reaction Score
I'm very interested to see where and how he spends his summer developing. He's yet to ever have a full summer dedicated to working out against other high level college and professional bigs and get that kind of coaching.
Would like to see some conditioning/SnC work as well.. Work on explosion.. Hard to believe but I'm not sure he has "grown into his body" yet.. Meaning getting used to his size and how to take full advantage of it... Expecting an exponential jump next year with consistent usage and PT--and after a solid summer. Will be cool to watch..

Reaction Score
Would like to see some conditioning/SnC work as well.. Work on explosion.. Hard to believe but I'm not sure he has "grown into his body" yet.. Meaning getting used to his size and how to take full advantage of it... Expecting an exponential jump next year with consistent usage and PT--and after a solid summer. Will be cool to watch..

Bigs develop late and he's a true freshman. He definitely hasn't grown into his body.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
How’s he supposed to develop without a nice restaurant on campus? We‘re fuqued.
Shut your mouth come on Ted's is awesome and has been for many years :)

Reaction Score
Think I saw a recent Castle quote/interview where he was basically sayin' the same thing.. Was looking forward to some pick and roll action with DC
A 6’6 PG and a 7’2 C running pick and roll will not be fun to try to defend

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom