Herbst/Manuel Official Statements | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Herbst/Manuel Official Statements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do people think Herbst and Manuel are the ONLY soldiers in the fight? Yeah, they were in the Virgins..so what? It's 2012...I am sure they were in touch with the ACC on a daily basis...a lot.

Really? Perception became reality. The perception is that Louisville was a better choice than UConn and it became reality to the ACC. My perception is that during the most important time period for the future of UConn athletics, I saw Warde Manual and Pres. Herbst in the Virgin Islands while Louisville (and even Cincinnati!) were working overtime to get an invite. If UConn got the invite, you don't care about the Virgin Islands trip, but they didn't.

They have to be held accountable for how they handled the situation. Perception is reality.

Reaction Score
I 100% agree. I get the feeling that Herbst was even more shocked by what happend in the last couple of days than we are here at the Boneyard. After the SyraPitt fiasco, I get the sense that she was guaranteed that UConn was 'next' for the ACC. Once Maryland left the ACC, she was again guaranteed that UConn was next and she didn't need to worry. It seems she was so confident, that she even gave Aresco the heads up that UConn was out the door. Oppps!

If that is the case then she is in way over her head. Way, way over....

You cannot drop this one. You check, you make sure, then you check and make sure again. I really hope this wasn't the case and there were simply cards that she did not have available to play. If she was on the beach in the VI believing all was well we have one lazy ass university president on our hands.

Reaction Score
Remember when everybody made fun of Herbst for begging harder? And then everybody made fun of Herbst for remaining silent?

Maybe it's not the PR strategy that matters, but the behind-the-scenes information we don't see.

Reaction Score
Remember the pi$$ing match Louisville and West Virginia got into when the Mounties were being considered for the B-12. Louisville did exactly the same thing they did here, and West Virginia fought back tooth and nail. And publicly. UConn sat on its hands as Louisville opened its pr offensive. Instead of ridiculing such things as UL's contention that they had made a Final four in womens basketball, (Are you kidding me? We have more national championships in the last decade than they have NCAA bids in their history!), and in mens basketball (please, 3 titles and 4 Final fours trumps a Final Four in every way, no? And By the way, we were at the same Final four they are bragging about. We prefer to ignore that one...only time we went home without a title!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom