Herbst/Manuel Official Statements | The Boneyard

Herbst/Manuel Official Statements

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Too little, too late.

Reaction Score
Warde's statement is exactly what he should've been screaming publicly a week ago.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Spot on. They must think a B1G invite is a real possibility. It sounds like UConn/Herbst may have cooled off the ACC by focusing her comments on academics, research and market penetration and not being forced to make a decision based on the "fluid" conference realignment shuffle. They are looking for a permanent home because they know the UConn brand of athletics, academics and market belong with the best. Not with the ACC. Think B1G!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Translation: Our major conference affiliation dreams are toast.

Remarkable that Manuel thinks it was an accomplishment that UConn was even in the discussion.

Reaction Score
"We have and will continue to monitor the situation regarding conference realignment and work to ensure that UConn is in the best position for the continued success of our athletic programs."

Who writes these things - don't they know that the BY doesn't like the "monitor the situation" phrase? Geesh!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Everybody's angry, so of course these statements are going to be shredded to pieces.

Reaction Score
Once again UConn gets away with platitudes and press releases instead of answers as to what went down the last week and a half.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not even a strongly worded letter from these guys? Fail.

Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can't help but think that Warde should have been running those facts on TV stations across the mid-atlantic. I think the ordinary folks in the ACC would be shocked to learn them.

Reaction Score
According to Jacobs' twitter feeds, it all came down to the football programs' perceptions. I don't know if this comes down only to Pasqualoni. But UConn better make moves in football very soon. We can no longer afford to have morons leading in football who lose games that we're supposed to win. OK?

Reaction Score
According to Jacobs' twitter feeds, it all came down to the football programs' perceptions. I don't know if this comes down only to Pasqualoni. But UConn better make moves in football very soon. We can no longer afford to have morons leading in football who lose games that we're supposed to win. OK?

There are companies who monitor social media sites for big corporations and work to help their clients change perceptions and arrest negative discussions. In hindsight, we needed to be doing that. In actuality, I still firmly believe we wouldn't have made a decision to do it or not because Herbst incorrectly determined that she had the votes and wouldn't have done anything to rock the boat.

Reaction Score
"Connecticut will become one of just nine institutions nationally to play men’s basketball, women’s basketball, football and men’s ice hockey in a major conference"

There you go Warde, fixed it for you.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Herbst incorrectly determined that she had the votes and wouldn't have done anything to rock the boat.

I 100% agree. I get the feeling that Herbst was even more shocked by what happend in the last couple of days than we are here at the Boneyard. After the SyraPitt fiasco, I get the sense that she was guaranteed that UConn was 'next' for the ACC. Once Maryland left the ACC, she was again guaranteed that UConn was next and she didn't need to worry. It seems she was so confident, that she even gave Aresco the heads up that UConn was out the door. Oppps!

Reaction Score
There are companies who monitor social media sites for big corporations and work to help their clients change perceptions and arrest negative discussions. In hindsight, we needed to be doing that. In actually, I still firmly believe we wouldn't have made a decision to do it or not because Herbst incorrectly determined that she had the votes and wouldn't have done anything to rock the boat.

Spot on

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Its all fun and games until Cincy and USF get invited to the B12.
If they play that card with the ACC like Louisville did it might speed their invitations to the ACC ahead of ours, just like it did for Louisville.

The ACC's determination that they didn't need to invite UConn now because we have no other options and they can always have us later if they want is the single most damning indictment of the job that Herbst and Manuel didn't do here.

Based on this last move, I do not expect us to be next in line for the ACC as long as Cincy and USF are still options.

Reaction Score
What I took from this.......we are a hockey school!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Do people think Herbst and Manuel are the ONLY soldiers in the fight? Yeah, they were in the Virgins..so what? It's 2012...I am sure they were in touch with the ACC on a daily basis...a lot.

Reaction Score
If the acc thought we had a shot at the B10 then all 3 would have got invited. Let us just post links with no opinion.
Damn this last week has nearly pushed me into an anxiety attack :)

Reaction Score
There are companies who monitor social media sites for big corporations and work to help their clients change perceptions and arrest negative discussions. In hindsight, we needed to be doing that. In actuality, I still firmly believe we wouldn't have made a decision to do it or not because Herbst incorrectly determined that she had the votes and wouldn't have done anything to rock the boat.
Now that we know it really only comes down to football (Boise State should have been kept in mind), they better get a new OC or even a new head coach.

Reaction Score
Do people think Herbst and Manuel are the ONLY soldiers in the fight? Yeah, they were in the Virgins..so what? It's 2012...I am sure they were in touch with the ACC on a daily basis...a lot.
Appearance is everything. They're on vacation while Pitino and Louisville launches a successful PR campaign for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom