Herbst is searching in all the wrong places | The Boneyard

Herbst is searching in all the wrong places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My problem with DiMauro's argument is simply that all sources I have read regarding Pendergast's lack of consideration in the search for a permanent AD
is that it was Pendergast's decision to remove himself from consideration. Maybe he has strong alternative future plans??

Reaction Score
From what I read/heard, he wants to focus on fundraising, where he can best serve the university and athletic departments. Not sure this guy got the memo.

Reaction Score
At least we know we are going to the ACC. I'd rather go somewhere else.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
DiMauro is the anti-UConn. He whines constantly about our sports programs and never has anything meaningful to say. He knows zilch about the search for a new athletic director.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I guess he is paid to get people to read articles...not to be logical.

In any business, when you hire new leaders there are always people on the team who will be cranky. Everyone thinks they know better than the hiring manager, even though those same people have no insight to what was the selection criteria or the long term strategy of the business/school.

It is especially annoying because he doesn't even know who Herbst is going to select for the position. How can you say she made the wrong choice and the job isn't even filled?

Reaction Score
My problem with DiMauro's argument is simply that all sources I have read regarding Pendergast's lack of consideration in the search for a permanent AD
is that it was Pendergast's decision to remove himself from consideration. Maybe he has strong alternative future plans??
That's what I understood as well. Maybe DiMauro knows something we don't or maybe he's just wrong...again.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
DiMauro is doing a great deal of "reaching"

and I think it's just as silly to argue that we're going to the ACC because the ACC folks like her

expansion is and will always be a business decision, and Sue could be gone tomorrow

Reaction Score
You'd be hard pressed to argue that the previous ACC expansion which included BCU was a "business decision". I certainly agree with your concept, but I recall this board, or its predecessor, being unable to provide any sort of business decision rationale for the Boston College inclusion.

Reaction Score
BCU was added as a condition for Miami to join. They basically snuck in hidden in Miami's butts.

Reaction Score
BCU was added as a condition for Miami to join. They basically snuck in hidden in Miami's butts.
Thanks Palatine, now I have a vision of Donna Shalalalalala's butt in my head. :(

Reaction Score
I have faith in Herbst that she will select someone perfect to lead us through the fog and make the athletic program even better than it already is. Really hoping for someone from the B1G or ACC too.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
BC & Cuse were supposed to join to ascertain the failure of the BEAST and enable the ACC to profit from the lucrative NE television markets. It was a business decision.

The ACC wanted NYC and mistakenly believed BC would bring them Boston.

We were essentially a basketball only at the time

Reaction Score
That Shilala butt image isn't too appealing right before lunch. But, Pendergast's strength is fundraising. He'll continue to raise funds for Athletics, and the UConn med center, especially with that new research facility coming in a few years from now.
With little AD experience, and at 65, doing both might be a bit much for Pendergast. What UConn should look for is a 45 year old person who has experience is sports, and is dynamic like Pendergast is. The two, together makes for an ideal UConn, academically, and athletically.
We don't need a bcu writer telling UConn what to do.

Reaction Score
This is the professional way to do it. Conduct a national search and find the best candidate. I commend Herbts for treating major posts at UConn as deserving the best in the country. It is preferable than automatically promoting internally. If you want to operate at the very highest levels, this is how it done.

That said, Pendergast has been a revelation in fund raising. He deserves every cent of his salary and more. My guess is that he has done so well with the athletic department he will be moved to a position of higher authority where he can serve the entire university.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom