Help! What's the deal with this? | The Boneyard

Help! What's the deal with this?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I haven't seen this addressed.

AAC final tourney game is Monday March 11.
I assume the selection show is the same date....is that correct? That Monday has been the day for the past few years. What time is he selection show scheduled for...the usual 7:00?

Is the AAC championship game in the afternoon? Or is it at 7:00 or so....with the selection show later than usual....after the game is over?

The game...presumably UConn/Central Fla....might impact the seedings.
UConn loses...fall to 2 seed.
UCF with a loss might miss out on the event....win and they get in.

Doesn't the committee have to wait til the game is over?

Do any other conferences play their championship game on Monday...further causing potential seeding changes...or are all the other conferences done on Sunday?

In past years the AAC tourney was a week earlier...was it not? maybe would end on Tuesday March 5 this year?

There would then be long delay till game one of The Dance...maybe 11 days or so.
I seem to recall that absence of games led North Carolina to ply a game in that period...even after the ACC tourney was over.

This year...last game March 2...moderate break till around March 9 for UConn....then another moderate break after March 11 game till the 17th or so. I would think the two moderate breaks would be better for us than one 11 day delay.

Anyway....got any wisdom on this utterly compelling topic???

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Selection Sunday is 3/17. So the women's will be Monday 3/18. All your fears are unfounded. Nothing compelling here. ;)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Meyers: of course you are right....thanks! Of course #2...if I had the common sense to google selection show, unfounded fears would have disappeared immediately.

In my rather pathetic defense...it sure does seem that the whole event has been moved back a week from past years....done without consulting me!...outrage is rising!!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Selection Sunday is 3/17. So the women's will be Monday 3/18. All your fears are unfounded. Nothing compelling here. ;)
In this case , Meyers, you are correct. However, many unfounded things have become compelling recently. Come to think of it, maybe not even just recently! ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Meyers: of course you are right....thanks! Of course #2...if I had the common sense to google selection show, unfounded fears would have disappeared immediately.

In my rather pathetic defense...it sure does seem that the whole event has been moved back a week from past years....done without consulting me!...outrage is rising!!
Yes, it seems everything is at least a week later this year. Heck, Mardi Gras isn't until March 5th. Easter isn't until AFTER NE Patriots Day this year. :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom