Help Wanted! | The Boneyard

Help Wanted!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Ok, it is Tuesday afternoon.

NCAA tourney starts next week.

Dempster has walked off the job and Swami is a no-call/no-show.

So, we need a new Judge and a new Hangman if we expect to get anywhere this year. And, while these are prestigious sounding positions, there just ain't that much heavy liftin' involved.

So, instead of an exhaustive round of taking applications, evaluating real life experience and uncovering some vast amount of lies and misrepresentations of various "letters of recommendation", etc.

I propose that we solicit the functional equivalent of an "essay".

Applicants for Judge shall deliver, in this thread, their proposed hangee(s); persuasive reasons why the miscreant(s) is (are) deserving (nominal infraction/justification); why they are considered sufficiently MOJO worthy, and what sentence is to be pronounced.

Applicants for Hangman simply make up some BS about how the sentence is to be carried out and compliance verified (literally, any semi literate can do this part. Residence in a memory care facility is not required, but may be considered)

All applicants will be consid..... ahem... mercilessly ridiculed.

The successful candidates will be elevated by general acclamation.

Let the games begin!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I can tell you one thing; you don’t want me involved with this decision. If I were judge, everyone (myself included) would feel my wrath. Some would get cut down shortly after their hanging just so we could hang them again. I’d even look into breaking out an electric chair and firing squad (anyone who thinks they won’t be in line to suffer this penance is wrong) just to be sure the job was done right. You really don’t want me as I would operate with the belief that everyone here is guilty of something (again, myself included) and would never be offered the opportunity to prove their innocence. My judgement would be swift, it would be indiscriminate, and the final punishment would be massively excessive.

I do however have a recommendation; we have a number of attorneys in our crowd. We should put them together, in something similar to a steel cage match. Appoint each as judge, jury, executioner and defendant and let them try to sort things out while we watch.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I can tell you one thing; you don’t want me involved with this decision. If I were judge, everyone (myself included) would feel my wrath. Some would get cut down shortly after their hanging just so we could hang them again. I’d even look into breaking out an electric chair and firing squad (anyone who thinks they won’t be in line to suffer this penance is wrong) just to be sure the job was done right. You really don’t want me as I would operate with the belief that everyone here is guilty of something (again, myself included) and would never be offered the opportunity to prove their innocence. My judgement would be swift, it would be indiscriminate, and the final punishment would be massively excessive.

I do however have a recommendation; we have a number of attorneys in our crowd. We should put them together, in something similar to a steel cage match. Appoint each as judge, jury, executioner and defendant and let them try to sort things out while we watch.
I vote this guy for judge

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Well fine - I will step us a judge cause it's easy and obvious. Deep needs to be hanged for walking off the job. As for Hangman, you need to find someone who is creative and won't fall back on old memes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was kind of in the “anyone who wants the job doesn’t deserve it” school until this quote:
My judgement would be swift, it would be indiscriminate, and the final punishment would be massively excessive
See now, that has potential.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
This was fun once upon a time. The only way this is going to happen is if your defendant is a willing participant. That's the way it was in the romanticized mojo years.

Can anyone provide a list of past defendants, and their infractions?

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I ignore too many people to be a fair, rational & objective judge

Although now that I'm thinking about it, I missed my calling

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This was fun once upon a time. The only way this is going to happen is if your defendant is a willing participant. That's the way it was in the romanticized mojo years.

Can anyone provide a list of past defendants, and their infractions?
I was one in 2016. I think my dual fandom with Kansas was my transgression (even if UConn is always first). However, that ended up being prophetic as we beat Colorado and then lost to #1 seed Kansas.

I completely agree that the defendant must be (a) worthy and (b) willing. Tom Brady last year was a weak effort. Needs to be a BYer.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
MSG baby. Back to where we once belonged.

I've got a feeling we're in for big things.

Don't let me down Huskies!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The sentencing for deepster is easy. He has to add to his signature: I quit too early and now I have to watch a National Championship from the crowd like Jim Calhoun in ‘14.

Everyone is to spam his posts with their favorite person who quit too early:

Barry Sanders
Roberto Duran
Calvin Johnson
Michael Jordan (the first time)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members