Help me... | The Boneyard

Help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Fellow 'Yarders and all ships at sea. I will be attending my first game at the Rent next Friday!! After 5 years in AZ (Cactusdog) and 4 years in Rio (Riodog), the prodigal son has returned! I've landed some temp work to fund my football habit until I start my career track stuff in January, so game on! I'm so pumped I'm gonna have to double up on my blood pressure meds or I'm gonna blow a gasket. So please, a little advice:
  • How best to buy a ticket
  • I'm working until 4:00 pm in South Windsor- traffic? parking?
  • I know these types of games make for limited tailgating, but I'd love to meet some 'Yarders... suggestions?
  • What color clothes should I wear? (just kidding)
All advice greatly appreciated! See ya at the game!!!!

Reaction Score
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/aero-club-lot.3454/

Traffic wont' be bad from South Windsor. Depending on where you are in SW you can take Route 5 all the way to Silver Ln, take a left there and go to Aero Club. Or you can take a left into Pratt and go to Red Lot.

If you know there area, there are back roads that are quicker (depending on your location in SW).

I think the Yarders meet at halftime under the Jumbotron.

Reaction Score
There are still great seats to be had. I recently picked up three in section 225 row 12. FYI the center three sections at midfield (upper and lower deck) are chairbacks...the rest of the stadium has benches.
Tickets!

Reaction Score
Fellow 'Yarders and all ships at sea. I will be attending my first game at the Rent next Friday!! After 5 years in AZ (Cactusdog) and 4 years in Rio (Riodog), the prodigal son has returned! I've landed some temp work to fund my football habit until I start my career track stuff in January, so game on! I'm so pumped I'm gonna have to double up on my blood pressure meds or I'm gonna blow a gasket. So please, a little advice:
  • How best to buy a ticket
  • I'm working until 4:00 pm in South Windsor- traffic? parking?
  • I know these types of games make for limited tailgating, but I'd love to meet some 'Yarders... suggestions?
  • What color clothes should I wear? (just kidding)

Are you flying solo? You're welcome to stop by. I'm popping my Aero Lot cherry. One week from right now. BYOB just let me know.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
  • How best to buy a ticket link
  • I'm working until 4:00 pm in South Windsor- traffic? parking? Traffic on I-84 from S. Windsor to East Hartford shouldn't bee too bad. It starts to get congested in East Hartford but doesn't really go stop & go until you are into the City around Exit 51 or so. Rentschler is off of Exit 58.
  • I know these types of games make for limited tailgating, but I'd love to meet some 'Yarders... suggestions? That all depends. I will be there at 2:45, but I have vacation time to burn. There doesn't appear to be a dedicated Boneyard tailgate this week, but there are a number of notable tailgater in the Blue lot (The Fire Truck and Short Bus come to mind). I'd say look for the flag pole with the American And UConn Flags, but there are literally dozens of the exact same configuration. It's like saying look for a National Flag Blue or White pop up tent.
  • What color clothes should I wear? (just kidding) That's actually a great question. BYU has roughly the same colors as UConn. go to Fanactics.com and have a shirt drop shipped to your CT location.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/aero-club-lot.3454/

Traffic wont' be bad from South Windsor. Depending on where you are in SW you can take Route 5 all the way to Silver Ln, take a left there and go to Aero Club. Or you can take a left into Pratt and go to Red Lot.

If you know there area, there are back roads that are quicker (depending on your location in SW).

I think the Yarders meet at halftime under the Jumbotron.
EVERYONE meets at half time under the Video board. That too is like saying look for the blue pop up tent. ;)

Reaction Score
Leave work at 3.

If you can't leave early just PM someone here who will have their tailgate set up already. I'll be in the Blues and not sure how many in my small group, but would be happy to have you stop by. You won't need to bring much. If Jimmy comes tell him the bring the avatar girls.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
As part of the Husky diaspora, I'm happy for you (and a little jealous). So are you going to become the poster formerly known as RioDog?
For someone as artistically challenged as I, creating my avatar was a once-in-a-lifetime achievement. Also every day I'm back I'm reminded of how life-changing an experience my life in Brazil was, so I think I'm gonna keep everything as it is for now.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Leave work at 3.

If you can't leave early just PM someone here who will have their tailgate set up already. I'll be in the Blues and not sure how many in my small group, but would be happy to have you stop by. You won't need to bring much. If Jimmy comes tell him the bring the avatar girls.
Well he said he's popping his aero lot cherry- don't know if the avatar girls are involved in that or not, but it sounds messy...

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Wooohooo... got my ticket!
Husky25 and Bezz thanks for the link
WingU-Conn- yeah I'm quite familiar with the area and handy with Google Earth- thanks for the orientation.
Jimmy S and JimDish thanks for the invites... yup I'm solo for this one so I'll IM before the game. BTW is there wi-fi in/around the stadium?

Thanks everybody- see ya there. GO DOGS!

Reaction Score
Question are the parking permits sent with the season tickets? If so I didn't get one.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wooohooo... got my ticket!
Husky25 and Bezz thanks for the link
WingU-Conn- yeah I'm quite familiar with the area and handy with Google Earth- thanks for the orientation.
Jimmy S and JimDish thanks for the invites... yup I'm solo for this one so I'll IM before the game. BTW is there wi-fi in/around the stadium?

Thanks everybody- see ya there. GO DOGS!

You'll get wifi in the lots okay. Once you enter the stadium however, you're instantly transported back to 1982.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Question are the parking permits sent with the season tickets? If so I didn't get one.

Yes, you should get your parking pass with your tickets. Call the ticket office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom