Help me I.D. this bad 80's teen movie! | The Boneyard

Help me I.D. this bad 80's teen movie!

Reaction Score
Seems like there's enough BY folks with voracious movie appetites and also enough in the proper age range to give this a try.

This movie came out ~1984-1986. Typical dumb teen comedy. Was obscure, not that good and didn't really gain any traction as a classic 80's teen flick.

Had two dumb lead male characters somewhat like ""Bill & Ted" from Bill & Teds Excellent adventure.

Their big calling card throughout the movie whenever something cool happened was to look at each other, extend thumbs up out, and say something along the lines of "Zhhhheeee!"

My buddy & I have tried to find this movie for dumb high school nostalgia's sake, but we both have struck out with google searches, YouTube searches, etc.

What say you, Boneyarders?

Reaction Score
Seems like there's enough BY folks with voracious movie appetites and also enough in the proper age range to give this a try.

This movie came out ~1984-1986. Typical dumb teen comedy. Was obscure, not that good and didn't really gain any traction as a classic 80's teen flick.

Had two dumb lead male characters somewhat like ""Bill & Ted" from Bill & Teds Excellent adventure.

Their big calling card throughout the movie whenever something cool happened was to look at each other, extend thumbs up out, and say something along the lines of "Zhhhheeee!"

My buddy & I have tried to find this movie for dumb high school nostalgia's sake, but we both have struck out with google searches, YouTube searches, etc.

What say you, Boneyarders?

This one?

Private Resort (1985) - IMDb

Reaction Score

Hmm. Could be but would need to look at some clips.

Only thing that makes me think "no" is that I'm about 100% sure we were in 8th-9th grade when we saw it. So it may not have been an "R" rated movie.

But it wouldn't have been the 1st one we snuck into under aged...

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Ummm, wasn't obscure, teen or 80's.

Although they did say schwiinnnggg.

Weird Science?

6CB466FE-CDED-4CF2-B017-85DFDA789A34.jpeg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Right time frame, not sure how obscure it was. Michael Anthony Hall, Robert Downey Jr., Bill Paxton, a John Hughes film, and it's on TV (USA/TNT/etc.) half a dozen times a year. Don't remember a catchphrase either???

Reaction Score
Right time frame, not sure how obscure it was. Michael Anthony Hall, Robert Downey Jr., Bill Paxton, a John Hughes film, and it's on TV (USA/TNT/etc.) half a dozen times a year. Don't remember a catchphrase either???

Nope this movie was definitely not one of the many big classic 80s movies. Also was almost 10yrs before Wayne's World.

I'm going to try and see if I can find some clips of that first one (Private Resort) to see if that might be it and take it from there.

More suggestions/guesses also welcome!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom