Hello to USA Womens Basketball.Who are your coaches Outside of Geno | The Boneyard

Hello to USA Womens Basketball.Who are your coaches Outside of Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did I miss there announcement on who will be coaching with Geno at the World Games? I know he will be taking his own staff to assist in scouting and basic hoops operations. Maybe, some of you know what is going to happen......

World Gmes are in less than 7 months......

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Tony - where did you see that? I remember him asking for Doug from DePaul, and that Muffet declined consideration. Not doubting you, just asking....

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tony - where did you see that? I remember him asking for Doug from DePaul, and that Muffet declined consideration. Not doubting you, just asking....
oops my mistake I quickly read the post and thought it said who are the best coaches besides Geno.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think they may wait until after the college season since the next USA basketball event is the training camp sometime in late April prior to the start of the WNBA season and after most of the foreign leagues are finished with all their competitions. No need to name the other coaches until that camp.
Would love to see Jen get a chance, will be a little surprised if Doug gets chosen, but could also see some of the Junior teams coaches in consideration. I am not sure they have spoken to the pro/college break down but because Geno is college, that usually means one more college coach and two pro coaches.

Reaction Score
I think they may wait until after the college season since the next USA basketball event is the training camp sometime in late April prior to the start of the WNBA season and after most of the foreign leagues are finished with all their competitions. No need to name the other coaches until that camp.
Would love to see Jen get a chance, will be a little surprised if Doug gets chosen, but could also see some of the Junior teams coaches in consideration. I am not sure they have spoken to the pro/college break down but because Geno is college, that usually means one more college coach and two pro coaches.

There have been speculations here of all places thatStacey of USC (our competitor for Wilson) is high on the list, which would make sense. I seriously doubt that Geno would want to pick Jen over her. That is not my reading of Geno and it would not sit well with many. Let us hope their decision comes after Wilson has signed on the dotted line. Wow. Wouldn't that be something- Geno and Stacey together.

Reaction Score
It will be very interesting to hear why certain coaches were chosen over others. Plus, WC coaches might not be the same coaches for the Olympics......

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
JS - we probably will never hear the 'why' of the coaching choices - they will just happen. And it isn't as if they can go all that wrong - they seem to make very good choices all the time. I am sure Geno is consulted since he has to work with them, but like the players, it is a consultation and he does not have the ultimate say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom