Hello from baylorprof | The Boneyard

Hello from baylorprof

Reaction Score
Greeting from Baylor,

I've had January 9 marked on my calendar for months, and had planned to be there because initially our game was supposed to be played at Gampfel, Not the Hartford Center.

Today, I see your website listing the XL as the game site. IS that correct?? I've been to watch UCONN in Hartford; I had hoped to snag tickets via Stubhub or on the street corner the day of in order to see a game on campus.

When did our game get moved from campus to XL??

thanks; I'll try to engage a bit more regularly this season, especially as the early season progresses and Jan 9 draws closer.

Best wishes to you guys.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Greeting from Baylor,

I've had January 9 marked on my calendar for months, and had planned to be there because initially our game was supposed to be played at Gampfel, Not the Hartford Center.

Today, I see your website listing the XL as the game site. IS that correct?? I've been to watch UCONN in Hartford; I had hoped to snag tickets via Stubhub or on the street corner the day of in order to see a game on campus.

thanks; I'll try to engage a bit more regularly this season, especially as the early season progresses and Jan 9 draws closer.

Best wishes to you guys.
Hey champ. Long time. Good to hear from you. Y'all gotta good one this year. I hope you guys have a good season this year as well. We too can't wait to play the reigning and defending. May the best UConn, I mean team, win.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Greeting from Baylor,

Best wishes to you guys.
The game is at the XL Center in Hartford, CT. Whoever filled in the schedule information on Baylor’s website made a mistake by listing the game at Gampel Arena in Hartford, CT. Of course Gampel is UConn’s on-campus arena in Storrs, CT. The last time the Lady Bears visited UConn, the game was in fact played at Gampel Arena in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Hey Jchamp. Long time. Good to hear from you. Y'all gotta good one this year. I hope you guys have a good season this year as well. We too can't wait to play the reigning and defending. May the best UConn, I mean team, win.
JordyG- You always, well mostly always, take the highest road. A nice Baylor fan got equal treatment from you--How to go--good guy.

Reaction Score
The game is at the XL Center in Hartford, CT. Whoever filled in the schedule information on Baylor’s website made a mistake by listing the game at Gampel Arena in Hartford, CT. Of course Gampel is UConn’s on-campus arena in Storrs, CT. The last time the Lady Bears visited UConn, the game was in fact played at Gampel Arena in Storrs.
It is difficult to tell the XL Center from Gampel except for the "dutchmen Razors" one may step in here and there (FYI--old term for cow paddies) from the days of Connecticut AG school and the not too un-recent cow pastures near the Ice Cream store.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It is difficult to tell the XL Center from Gampel except for the "dutchmen Razors" one may step in here and there (FYI--old term for cow paddies) from the days of Connecticut AG school and the not too un-recent cow pastures near the Ice Cream store.
It’s even more difficult if you’re a Sports Information Director in Waco, TX trying to put together a season schedule on the Baylor website.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
JordyG- You always, well mostly always, take the highest road. A nice Baylor fan got equal treatment from you--How to go--good guy.
Thanks B-man. I have my opinions and I can get heated. But it's always easy to take the low road. It seems to be a well trodden path these days. Well then, if that's the direction most are walking I'm walking backwards. I've always found that taking the high road means you can both engage in a more equal discourse. Once you say f- you, you may no longer dictate the terms of any response.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Hey, Baylorprof, looking forward to your thoughts this year. I'd love to go a game in Waco, but my better half would insist on spending a fortune on junk from Chip and Joanna Gaines.

Reaction Score
What year did we play on your campus? I don't recall that.

I DO recall being at the then "Hartford Center" (15,000 seats ???).

Actually I was looking forward to travelling to Storrs with just a hope and a few extra $100 bills in my hand that some UCONN fan might trade.

Oh well, let's just hope we continue to schedule home and home and maybe someday---Gampfel.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Where’s @skilz and is she making the trip? I may even stay in CT that weekend and attend the game! Whaddaya say @MilfordHusky ?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What year did we play on your campus? I don't recall that.
How soon they forget.

Nov 17, 2017 - The heavily favored Baylor Lady Bears fall to UConn at Gampel by the score of 72-61.

Reaction Score
It’s even more difficult if you’re a Sports Information Director in Waco, TX trying to put together a season schedule on the Baylor website.
The truth is Texas has more "dutchman razors" than anywhere else--especially entering Tx from Clovis nm th=en up to Yellow City (Amarillo)

Reaction Score
oldude, I was on medical leave for a year getting my upper neurosystem fused. Not much happened that year of any kind that I remember much. thanks. Ill go back and find the tape.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
oldude, I was on medical leave for a year getting my upper neurosystem fused. Not much happened that year of any kind that I remember much. thanks. Ill go back and find the tape.
To jog your memory, that was the game which was tied 56-56 with maybe 5 or 6 minutes left. The turnaround play occurred when Gabby Williams stole the ball right out of freshman Kalani Brown's hands. Soon after that, a flagrant foul was called on Baylor which (although literally consistent with the rules) even the UConn announcers thought was unduly harsh. UConn had a 15-0 run from the tie score to put the game away.

I believe that game was played at Gampel.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

I trust that the fact that you are back on the BY is a good sign that you are healing well.

Don't remember if I mentioned to you via this forum that a few years ago, I met one of your colleagues from BU's theology department at a conference in New York - he was the principal speaker for the week long program. Incredible speaker. And as I learned from time spent speaking one on one, also quite an avid fan of BU's women's basketball team. He thinks very highly of Mulkey.

As do the others, very happy to see you back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom