Hello Boneyard - Welcome back to Earth! | The Boneyard

Hello Boneyard - Welcome back to Earth!

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
It was nice thinking for a short time we might be "historically" good, but the team we've seen in the last month seems closer in line with preseason expectations.

Don't worry though - we still dawgs and it's still going to be fun!

Reaction Score
Most of us are aware that we have been exposed of some glaring flaws and we have become typecast. However, with players being so transient these days, teams need a full regular season to develop. Both UNC and Duke were average during the regular season last year and then gelled in the tourney. Are our problems solvable? Or are they personnel related and lacking in the roster makeup? We shall see which teams develop the best. I really hope we didn't flare out too early as we have some great pieces and lots of depth.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Way to hedge both sides of the argument.

“We are closer to the unranked team we started as.”

“Don’t worry, we are dogs and this will be a fun ride after all!”

Which is it? Are we closer to being unranked, or will this still be a fun ride? In my opinion it can’t be both because these losses are not fun at all.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Way to hedge both sides of the argument.

“We are closer to the unranked team we started as.”

“Don’t worry, we are dogs and this will be a fun ride after all!”

Which is it? Are we closer to being unranked, or will this still be a fun ride? In my opinion it can’t be both because these losses are not fun at all.
Do you need a tissue?

Reaction Score
It was nice thinking for a short time we might be "historically" good, but the team we've seen in the last month seems closer in line with preseason expectations.

Don't worry though - we still dawgs and it's still going to be fun!
Well, Ed Cooley said before the game we are "the best team in the country". He coaches Providence, who do you coach?

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
This is the Big East. You play tough opponents every night. We will lose some, but as long as they learn from the losses all will be fine. Come tourney time they should be battle tested and know how to react when they are hit in the mouth. That goes for the coaching staff too. They need to make the right adjustments in pre game planning and in the flow of the game. Talent can only bring you so far. Execution needs to be there.

Reaction Score
Well, Ed Cooley said before the game we are "the best team in the country". He coaches Providence, who do you coach?
Wow, so many unnecessarily snarky replies. I don't see any issue with what the OP said -- we might not be a Top 5 team right now, probably more like a top 25 team. But lots of season left and we can certainly go on a run if we make some adjustments.

Reaction Score
Snarky? yes. But what the OP said is a false narrative. Most of us never left the earth (national consensus had us the top team) and I for one agree with you that we still have a ways to go. I also think that Ed Cooley comments carry more weight, and while they were made to fire up his team, he was not far off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom