Heather taking her 5th year? | The Boneyard

Heather taking her 5th year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Does anyone know? I know Caroline said she wanted to, has Heather said as much?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yes, she has said she will. She's a nursing student, and thus can use the free fifth year anyway.

Reaction Score
It will be worth if only to see some continue to whine about her.

good point icebear. why anyone would run down a Husky or for that matter any kid is always beyond. me.

Reaction Score
I hope she does, Heather frustrates me with her game sometimes but I do love an under dog so I will root for her every time she gets on the court.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
good point icebear. why anyone would run down a Husky or for that matter any kid is always beyond. me.
It is one thing to note a problem and better yet how to correct it, it is another to discount all of the good things a kid is doing because they don't meet one's expectations.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It is one thing to note a problem and better yet how to correct it, it is another to discount all of the good things a kid is doing because they don't meet one's expectations.

+1

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Heather looked alot better then some other bench players last night. She was rebounding very well, and scored a few points. I hope she gets some quality minutes tonight.

Gotta agree here. Although unfortunately I did see some of her old habits coming back. i.e. getting the ball stolen or pass blocked, getting tied up by putting the ball on the floor. But she did do some good things too.

Reaction Score
Gotta agree here. Although unfortunately I did see some of her old habits coming back. i.e. getting the ball stolen or pass blocked, getting tied up by putting the ball on the floor. But she did do some good things too.
She was much more positive than negative, and she's showing she can be physical. That will be needed going forward.

Reaction Score
She was much more positive than negative, and she's showing she can be physical. That will be needed going forward.

Heather plays as hard as she can. You can't ask for anything more. Applaud and cheer her for her effort don't expect her to be Stef Dolson or Kiah Stokes.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kara Wolters said Heather was very frustrated she did not get in to play against Stanford. it remains to be seen if she uses that as continued motivation to be better in practice and earn PT, or if it causes a crisis of confidence. Clearly UCONN nation hopes it's the former...

Reaction Score

again, icebear. spot on! i have seen post at go to your later point, not your first point. sad. really sad.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know? I know Caroline said she wanted to, has Heather said as much?
I am really hoping that HB will be back next year! I t makes sense for many reasons. Heather is a Huskie,she has stuck around and been there for the team<which is more than stats>,she is family,great personal opportunity for her and representative of a Student athlete,ya never know what can happen<injuries,transfers,>she is getting better,love for her to go out with a Championship>.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I hope she does, Heather frustrates me with her game sometimes but I do love an under dog so I will root for her every time she gets on the court.
I hope not personally...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
again, icebear. spot on! i have seen post at go to your later point, not your first point. sad. really sad.
Many people can see something isn't working ("They keep missing too many lay ups), a relatively small group see and understand why and know how to fix it (Strengthen players against contact, teach them not be trapped too far under the boards, practice lay ups at varying speeds from cruising to full out, make sure the player receives the pass early enough, make sure they are not at too shallow an angle to the back board, etc). Not all similar problems have the same root causes. Those people that do understand these things can have long coaching careers.

Reaction Score
This is the best I've seen Heather play since she came to UCONN. I hope she continues to improve and gets quality minutes against A&M and Baylor because she has earned it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This is the best I've seen Heather play since she came to UCONN. I hope she continues to improve and gets quality minutes against A&M and Baylor because she has earned it.
And it hasn't just been a single game.

Reaction Score
She deserves our support. She has made strides in the right direction for the team. I am liking what I see from her and only hope that she shows us all that she has to offer. Go Heather!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom