Heather Buck | The Boneyard

Heather Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wishing and hoping for the best that Heather Buck's wrist injury isn't too serious. Seems like she can't go a full season without some type of injury. But hey look at poor Jackie Gemelos...

Don't understand why Heather has to wait until Thursday to have X rays and the wrist evaluated once she gets back home. The injury happened on Sunday. Couldn't she go to another hospital or clinic to have it evaluated and X rayed while the team is traveling? I'm sure it is much cheaper and less expensive to have these tests done once she returns home...

Reaction Score
I may be wrong but the fact that they are not rushing to get an X-ray may indicate that the injury is not to serious. I am sure the trainers checked her out.

Reaction Score
It could also be that whatever it is --- bad sprain or a hairline fracture or whatever -- they have it immobilized, so it's not going to get any worse between now and then, so they probably are figuring that she can have it looked at when she returns home.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
would a hairline fracture put her out for the season? I heard Megan say sprain vs fracture!

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
would a hairline fracture put her out for the season? I heard Megan say sprain vs fracture!

Obviously, they won't know the diagnosis until x-rays are taken and she's evaluated by an orthopedist. But wrist fractures can heal fairly quickly (a few weeks) depending upon how severe they are. A sprain could actually be more of a problem.

Reaction Score
It would seem that if they thought it was serious they would not wait days for an X-ray.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
It would seem that if they thought it was serious they would not wait days for an X-ray.

Yes, I would agree, but then again until you do an x-ray you can't be certain. Let's wait and see what the doctors say after she arrives back in Connecticut.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

That was my first thought, but then I reconsidered. I am sure it was examined and broken or not there isn't much more that can be done. If it were X-rayed immediately and determined to be broken it would be immobilized and . . . .?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
we will know when we know...in the meantime, praying that whatever it is, it wil heal quickly and safely

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Depending on the amount of swelling some fractures do not show up easily. It can be worth the wait Imbolizing the injury and reducing the swelling before getting the X-ray or MRI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom