Heartbreaking Loss Motivating Muhl | The Boneyard

Heartbreaking Loss Motivating Muhl

Reaction Score
Nice article about NIka. She's trying to get UConn to schedule a game against her sister's Illinois team. Interesting little snippet:

Muhl said she will try to convince Auriemma and Chris Dailey to work toward scheduling a game against Illinois during her junior or senior season.
“We’re going to have a talk,” she said. “I hope that’s going to happen.”
Then she shared an ambitious idea.
“Or we can go to Croatia.”
UConn is exploring the possibility of a foreign tour sometime over the next two years, but a destination hasn’t been chosen.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great stuff. Such dedication giving up the opportunity to play on the Senior National Team

And this gem

Muhl was asked what a sophomore knows that a freshman doesn’t.

“What ticks Geno off,” she said. “And what ticks CD off.”

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It’s CT Insider, a pay for site not a regular news subscription site

Reaction Score
Nika, Nika.....seems like such a great kid...really has that look of individualism about her. She is driven and it shows on and off the court. Nika Muhl will not let anyone forget her...no less Geno and CD. I sure wouldn't want to get on her bad side...what a tough individual. If she doesn't start, I bet she will finish...and she is not a shy one. Go Nika!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I simply ckicked the the link provided by the OP, it opened, and I read the entire article, go figure. An excerpt: "Muhl said she will try to convince Auriemma and Chris Dailey to work toward scheduling a game against Illinois during her junior or senior season. “We’re going to have a talk,” she said. “I hope that’s going to happen.” Then she shared an ambitious idea. “Or we can go to Croatia.” UConn is exploring the possibility of a foreign tour sometime over the next two years, but a destination hasn’t been chosen.

When asked by a reporter what does a sophomore know that a freshman doesn't, Nika replied: "What ticks Gino off, and what ticks CD off." :confused:

Reaction Score
Nice article about NIka. She's trying to get UConn to schedule a game against her sister's Illinois team. Interesting little snippet:

Muhl said she will try to convince Auriemma and Chris Dailey to work toward scheduling a game against Illinois during her junior or senior season.
UConn is exploring the possibility of a foreign tour sometime over the next two years, but a destination hasn’t been chosen.

Croatia is a wonderful idea. A trip to Croatia in Nika's senior year, as UConn is seeking its 3rd national championship in a row, against the Croatian national team.

Reaction Score
As soon as you click on the link, and the article pops up, save it to your desktop. It took me 3 times. Have to be fast.

Reaction Score
A game against Hanna or a tour of Croatia, either will work for Nika. Let's hope one of the two gets accomplished.

Reaction Score
Great article. Thank for sharing. Definitely touches your heart. Hope that something can be worked out to make this happen.

Reaction Score
The article in question is labeled "Premium." Can't (easily) read those. BUT apparently there's other UConn stuff you can read, so avoid "Premium" and check out other stuff of interest. For example, there's an article about a company that Paige is now touting on her Instagram site: Vintage Drip Co. They sell vintage clothing. How big a deal that is I have no idea.
There's apparently only a few ways to get into the "Premium" on the CT Insider. One is to have fabulous reflexes, one is to have someone with access take detailed notes and share them with us, and the third is to be Carnac.
No UConn logos, alcohol or gambling: What we know about endorsement deals as policy gets underway Monday (ctinsider.com)
P/S: It occurs to me on second thought that maybe Sue and Di would be good candidates for Paige's vintage clothing company . . .

Last edited:

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
There is a lot to love about Nika--her relationship with Paige, her feistiness, her seemingly lack of filter when she speaks. I know she is committed and focused but talking about her senior game when she has three more years seems a little premature to me. Competition for minutes at the guard spot is going to be ridiculous. She may improve significantly and log fewer minutes.

Reaction Score
They all will improve and log fewer minutes. Geno said as much in an interview. One of the players said I know we're not going to be playing as many minutes to him. Geno was thinking you're right, you're not going to be playing 37-38 minutes. There is much more competition. It's good for the team to have depth. We had 1 player transfer and one player go pro this year. Could be the same next year. You never know.

Reaction Score
Sue Bird was also #10.

Attachments

• Nika Muhl b.jpg
    Nika Muhl b.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 138

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
From the rules posted at the top of this forum.

Do not post copyrighted material. You may cut and past a "SMALL" teaser from the article but it must be short (a sentence or two max.) then post a link to the material.

Reaction Score

I posted this 'trick' to save the contents of such an article last week. Maybe I should save a copy of this text so that I can use it again, if needed.

Here it is for the Firefox users:
1. Click the link to open the article.
2. Click the mouse anywhere in the article.
3. Right click and choose "Select all."
4. Click the mouse anywhere in the article again.
5. Right click and choose "Copy."

Don't dawdle but your fingers don't have to be lightning quick.

Now relax and calmly paste the contents of your clipboard into your favorite word processor.

I am not posting the contents of this article. I am simply posting a technique so that others can view this article off-line. If this does violate the rules, would a Moderator notify me.

Enjoy.

Reaction Score
A month ago I got so frustrated in trying to read the Insiders articles that I decided to fork over the $.99 for the 6 month subscription. Somehow I found it in my budget. LOL
And, come January, when the team remains undefeated and ranked #1 in the country, you will receive a fabulous offer to renew your subscription for 'only', say, $99.00 for another 6 months.

Of course, that's assuming that there was not some 'mouse type' in the $0.99 agreement you just signed that stated that your 6-month subscription would automatically roll over for another 6 months for 'only', say, $99.00.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Carnac and I are twins apparently. I clicked in and read without difficulty. I would guess Nika carries the loss harder than any of her teammates.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
And, come January, when the team remains undefeated and ranked #1 in the country, you will receive a fabulous offer to renew your subscription for 'only', say, $99.00 for another 6 months.

Of course, that's assuming that there was not some 'mouse type' in the $0.99 agreement you just signed that stated that your 6-month subscription would automatically roll over for another 6 months for 'only', say, $99.00.
Can cancel at any time, very aware. Been down this block many times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom