Heartbreaking but... Congrats to Notre Dame... | The Boneyard

Heartbreaking but... Congrats to Notre Dame...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What a heartbreaking way to end to end the season and to see off 2 of our favorite seniors - Gabby and Kia. Unfortunately we just didn't have it tonight. ND was just a little bit better when it counted.

We were blessed to watch an amazing season and while supposedly we had the best team on paper, we just couldn't cross the finish line. Again congrats to ND for an incredibly played game. We were indeed the best team in the regular season, but even then, our flaws were exposed against Texas, ND, and Louisville.

I'm sure to most WCBB fans it was an incredibly exciting season. But to UCONN fans, most wish we dominated more and we will always wonder what could have been. Congrats again to Kia and Gabby for being incredible people, teammates, players, and role models. So proud of them. So blessed to be a UCONN fan, even tho this one will sting a lot and for a long time...

Reaction Score
I dont think Sunday nite will be close. ND has no answer for McCowan.

Much like 2012 when ND beat UConn but had not shot against Griner.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
ND was totally aggressive at the guards. The aggressive team gets fouled. They had exactly the right mix. Excellent guards, decent big, very good coaching play D that matched ours, maybe better. We looked to be back on our heels.

ND is bad for women’s hoops.

Reaction Score
I dont think Sunday nite will be close. ND has no answer for McCowan.

Much like 2012 when ND beat UConn but had not shot against Griner.
Agreed. And even though Miss St beat us last year, I can't help but pull for the Schaefer family. Coach Shaefer is a class act, and has been through so much personally. It's a feel good story if there ever was one.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Agreed. And even though Miss St beat us last year, I can't help but pull for the Schaefer family. Coach Shaefer is a class act, and has been through so much personally. It's a feel good story if there ever was one.
Rooting for MSU big time...

Reaction Score
Not sure how you can say Sunday won't be close when Louisville had Miss State beat and ND is probably as good if not better right now than Louisville.
If ND had no real answer for Z, then they're in trouble with McCowan. Now maybe everyone else can make up for it, but McCowan is one of those forces that can be very demoralizing.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What a heartbreaking way to end to end the season and to see off 2 of our favorite seniors - Gabby and Kia. Unfortunately we just didn't have it tonight. ND was just a little bit better when it counted.

We were blessed to watch an amazing season and while supposedly we had the best team on paper, we just couldn't cross the finish line. Again congrats to ND for an incredibly played game. We were indeed the best team in the regular season, but even then, our flaws were exposed against Texas, ND, and Louisville.

I'm sure to most WCBB fans it was an incredibly exciting season. But to UCONN fans, most wish we dominated more and we will always wonder what could have been. Congrats again to Kia and Gabby for being incredible people, teammates, players, and role models. So proud of them. So blessed to be a UCONN fan, even tho this one will sting a lot and for a long time...
Well said. Bummed we didn't get to the NC game where we've never lost. Last year I was surprised at our final record. A good surprise. This year I'm a bit surprised at our final record. A bad surprise. But that's why they play the games. We'll have a very good team next year and a good chance at FF/NC. But nothing is guaranteed. ND should be really good next year too.

Been a great season. Wish it had ended better.

Reaction Score
Nah. This game came down to great players making plays. Theirs did, ours didn't do enough. It's not complicated. I also think Muffet outcoached Geno. Congrats to ND and Coach McGraw.
Worst game since MSU last year, but lots of similarities. Sloppy ballhandling and passing. Out of position on both sides. Poor shooting. Perfect storm. Felt like playing 8-5 a lot.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Eric: As one of the regular ND fans who post on the Boneyard, thanks for the congratulations on ND's victory. I'm of the belief that the team that had the ball last (with more than one second) was going to prevail.

To say it was an exciting game is a mild understatement: Geno predicted it in his pre-fourth quarter interview with Holly Rowe. And your valiant six (both teams only played six) came back not once, but twice from 5-point deficits. Whew.

Would also like to congratulate Kia Nurse (one class act) and Gabby Williams for great careers. As any regular poster on this board knows, I'm a huge fan of Williams and will never forget her destroying us in the last regular-season game at Notre Dame. And Kia is just the right stuff. I look forward to her playing for Canada in many World Championships (or whatever it's called now) and Olympic Games with ND's class act, Natalie Achonwa.

UConn had a great season once again and continually pushed the bar on how well the game can be played....WCBB should be grateful for that push for excellence. I know I am.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom