Hearst Media CT: Hugh Bailey (opinion): UConn's biggest opponent is geography | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hearst Media CT: Hugh Bailey (opinion): UConn's biggest opponent is geography

Orc

Reaction Score
Huskies would be in the Big 12 now, I think...with Houston, Cincinnati, and UCF....if football had not slipped.
Cincy, Houston and UCF are also trash in FB.whats their record in b12? I know their fans like to point out that our FB sucks but they also suck in FB.

Reaction Score
We get a lot of nice stuff for our money. Our athletics department is truly first class. The problem really seems to be limited to finding a coaching staff that can win within the framework provided. JMU, Boise, Fresno, Idaho, the Dakota schools and many others have found coaching staffs that in many cases, make far less than ours, that win. Meanwhile, we have every single advantage over those schools in terms of what we can offer an athlete. It really isn't that complicated, we've just failed to have the right staff. I think Mora, with good coordinators, can do it. This team is competitive and has a lot of good pieces. We just need some solid transfers, an innovative OC and a solid DC that can execute Mora's vision. Part of Jim's issue with the lack of NIL isn't that he thinks we can't be an average team with our current resources, its that he wants to have a really good team that beats ACC schools more often than not. He's looking to be a national player. We can't do that with our current resources.
The payroll for the basketball coaching staff is larger than the football coaching staff
The women’s basketbzll coach makes more money than the the football coach. Check those ratio’s on any p program .
Not being in the greatest area for HS football we need to focus on a recruiting effort that covers the best areas. That takes staff , plus a marketing effort in the NIL era to get kids excited about coming . If you want to to be a big time player you have to act like one .
As far as the deficit goes with Title 9. unless your football team is P4 or until those programs show an ability to generate enough revenue to sustain themselves along with non revenue men’s sports you’re going to start from a deficit position . it’s simply built in.. The last I looked it was Minus ($30,000,000 )
Men’s basketball is the only sport on paper in the black , however i personally.think men and women’s basketball.are both profitable. Our athletic budget is overstated . Any cost to the state that wouldn’t go away if all sports ceased to exist are fixed cost and should be accounted as such . Likewise tax revenue that would go away if sports ceased should be accounted as such . A budget in profit center accounting structures can be easily gamed .
Huskies would be in the Big 12 now, I think...with Houston, Cincinnati, and UCF....if football had not slipped.
i totally agree except if the ACC decided it wasn’t in their best interest to have the conference they will have to ultimately deal with in their footprint .

Reaction Score
Ya know….SMU playing for free and Cal-Samford taking 30 percent plus the carriage fee….it was $$$

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr
Top Bottom