Heads up on Lou's knee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Heads up on Lou's knee

Reaction Score
Question, can Caroline play with the ear plugs in her ears? We don't know how much noise is actually muted by the plugs she is wearing now, and if they allow enough noise to come through for her to hear enough from her teammates, she may be able to play with them in. I know I am reaching here, but, what the hell. Desperation leads to some weird thoughts. Maybe there is a rule about that, but as I said, who knows.
She could just prefer to wear earplugs on the bench after needing to wear them for her concussion. I'm not sure there is enough evidence to support she actually needs them vs prefers to watch games that way now.

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder why Azzi has never even worn a knee brace while playing - especially with her history of knee problems.......you see a fair number of women wearing and playing full throttle with them even tho they look to be "cumbersome"
From experience, the only braces that really work are the titanium ones. They're super lightweight, but you know they're there just by the size of them, and I would imagine you've hit the nail on the head -- for an elite athlete, anything you can feel likely throws you off your game.

I agree with you though. You can get used to anything, and if the titanium braces are allowed, it'd be worth giving a try. I had 3 acl injuries on two knees before I started wearing my brace, and never felt so much as a tweak afterwards

Reaction Score
I had to wear a brace when i played for one year and I had one that had two metal springs that looked like they got run over by a car (flat) that went up both sides of my knee. They were completely covered by heavy elastic material. It worked great and wasnt all that uncomfortable. So there are braces Azzi can wear that wont interfere but thats IF shes ready to play.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I’m not sure if it would be legal for Caroline to play with ear plugs, but she would be at a disadvantage in terms of hearing defensive switches and other things.

Reaction Score
Question, can Caroline play with the ear plugs in her ears? We don't know how much noise is actually muted by the plugs she is wearing now, and if they allow enough noise to come through for her to hear enough from her teammates, she may be able to play with them in. I know I am reaching here, but, what the hell. Desperation leads to some weird thoughts. Maybe there is a rule about that, but as I said, who knows.
I don't know of any rule that says no ear plugs. As far as hearing is concerned, Caroline will be able to hear Nika, if not through her ear plugs, then through her skeleton structure.

Reaction Score
Geno had to play Ines against Georgetown. I thought she played well seeing how she plays very little, yet she had to go in at a very important time in the game. She and DeBerry may be the only bench players available the rest of the season, besides Patterson. It would help them to play more in the remaining games, blowout or not. That was a lot of pressure on Ines to perform and not hurt the team and she did well. If they don't play more, the starters may never recover. When the starters are too tired to play well, why not play your bench players until the starters have rested? JMO. The pressure on the bench to play well must be really high.
When UCONN had difficulty getting the ball across half court INES showed her
point guard skills of speed, ball handling, and KEEPING THE BALL in the center of
the court to avoid the sideline traps! Go Ines, the future could be yours... go for it!!

Reaction Score
Geno had to play Ines against Georgetown. I thought she played well seeing how she plays very little, yet she had to go in at a very important time in the game. She and DeBerry may be the only bench players available the rest of the season, besides Patterson. It would help them to play more in the remaining games, blowout or not. That was a lot of pressure on Ines to perform and not hurt the team and she did well. If they don't play more, the starters may never recover. When the starters are too tired to play well, why not play your bench players until the starters have rested? JMO. The pressure on the bench to play well must be really high.
While I have not shared the high marks some have given her, Ines has showed improvement in several key areas. Early in the year, she favored her right hand when bringing the ball up the court, often getting caught in double teams. Particularly the last game, she immediately recognized what the defense was doing the smartly broke towards the middle. Her passes are also crisper, reducing the chances of a steal. Pretty obvious that Ines has good basketball IQ and is making progress.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I don't know of any rule that says no ear plugs. As far as hearing is concerned, Caroline will be able to hear Nika, if not through her ear plugs, then through her skeleton structure.
I would think that wearing ear plugs that are not connected via some kind of tethering could be a danger to others if one was to fall from the player's ear while on the court. I think that is why glasses, goggles and masks are "secured". Of course, contacts are not but the reason is pretty plain to see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom