Heads up. Northeastern | The Boneyard

Heads up. Northeastern

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I know we are still basking in the rout of Kutztown today. However, Northeastern (Thursday's 1st "real" game) is playing today against Boston University.

For those interested in scouting, it looks like it's gonna be on ESPN+ at 4:30 this afternoon.

Reaction Score
I know we are still basking in the rout of Kutztown today. However, Northeastern (Thursday's 1st "real" game) is playing today against Boston University.

For those interested in scouting, it looks like it's gonna be on ESPN+ at 4:30 this afternoon.
Northeastern leading at the half in a close game.

Reaction Score
Well - they got a win by one point, but that should help our SOS!
Derin Erdogan of Northeastern ( a junior guard, 5' 6") with 24 points in 35 minutes. This lady
is from Istanbul, Turkey and was on Turkey's U20 National Team. She also
played previously at Arizona. Gemina Motema, 5' 9", a Sophomore guard for Northeastern,
had 16 points in 27 minutes. She is from Portland, Maine. FG % was 38.19%
for NE with a 3 point % of something like 25 %. Their best rebounder was
Oralye Kiefer a 6' 3" Freshman with 8 rebounds in this game. This is the Colonial Athletic
Conference. So what is your MOV?? Are you ready for Thursday night??

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Northeastern 66 Boston U. 65

Reaction Score
Northeastern scored 66 points and Boston U scored 65. Our game with Northeastern.......Uconn 83 ==Northeastern 45. My prediction and this will be a better test as to how our team will perform. GO HUSKIES!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
BOSTON – Junior guard Derin Erdogan hit a pair of free throws with 1:33 left to reclaim the lead for good as the Northeastern women's basketball team (1-0) defeated cross-town rival Boston University (0-1), 66-65, to open the season on Monday. Erdogan's free throws were the final points of the game as both teams used staunch defense down the stretch to keep each other off the board. It was a stellar Husky debut for Erdogan, as she finished with a career-high 24 points, four rebounds, three assists, and three steals. The junior transfer hit six of her final seven shot attempts, including three-of-four from beyond the arc.

Northeastern Roster - Their tallest player is a 6'3" freshman - Oralye Kiefer

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I might have to change my score predictions.
I expect UConn to pick up right where they left off Sunday. The only difference is Northeastern is a Division 1 low-major program. A quick check of their schedule shows that UConn is the only top-25 team on their schedule this year.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Lower level Division One teams that like to push the pace do not have a great track record against UConn. UConn is more than happy to see you for pace and then raise you for more pace. Playing into our hands. Anyone remember the Saint Francis game in the first round of the NCAAs a few years ago? 2019 I think.

Unless she is exceptionally quick I am afraid that Erdogan, at 5'6'', is in for a very long night.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lower level Division One teams that like to push the pace do not have a great track record against UConn. UConn is more than happy to see you for pace and then raise you for more pace. Playing into our hands. Anyone remember the Saint Francis game in the first round of the NCAAs a few years ago? 2019 I think.

Unless she is exceptionally quick I am afraid that Erdogan, at 5'6'', is in for a very long night.
I am sure Nika is licking her chops going against their engine player (who is international to boot)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom