Heads Up.. Full Wolf Moon | The Boneyard

Heads Up.. Full Wolf Moon

Reaction Score
Since we don't have UConn BB for awhile.. Tomorrow is the Full Wolf Moon.. The Sioux Indians call it "Wolves Running Together Moon".

Why do I bring this up? If you own animals. Dogs/cats.. And they're on leash or not.. It's coyote mating season and they are very aggressive.. So..Be vigilant when you're out with your animals..Coyotes will attack your pets whether you are there or not.

Second reason I bring this up.. If you've noticed that Get A Job has been cranky lately.. Full Wolf Moon coming is your guide.

Reaction Score
Since we don't have UConn BB for awhile.. Tomorrow is the Full Wolf Moon.. The Sioux Indians call it "Wolves Running Together Moon".

Why do I bring this up? If you own animals. Dogs/cats.. And they're on leash or not.. It's coyote mating season and they are very aggressive.. So..Be vigilant when you're out with your animals..Coyotes will attack your pets whether you are there or not.

Second reason I bring this up.. If you've noticed that Get A Job has been cranky lately.. Full Wolf Moon coming is your guide.
Cranky. Nice word choice. I may have to start using that in my vocabulary. I think it starts the engines. ?

Reaction Score
This is absolutely a true story with zero hyperbole.
Almost 60 years ago I had a summer job at this large factory where there was a tow motor operator who allegedly thought he was a werewolf . He appeared completely normal most of the time but when the moon was full he would draw and color in a fake beard ,sideburns ,mustache,etc.on his face and wouldn’t talk only growled if you approached him. The first time was a little unsettling but the old timers just told us to ignore him. To this day I don’t know if it was an elaborate joke on us rookie college kids or he thought he really was because I just avoided him.

Reaction Score
Has been proven through scientific-medical research that the days leading up to and the day of a full moon can have a major affect on certain individuals.

Once worked at a prominent psychiatric medical facility that I will not name out of respect for HIPAA protocol. This facility consisted of a large population of residential patients and staffing was always increased leading up to and shortly after a full moon .

The real motivation for my post was about taking precautions with your animals in this particular full moon cycle. Obviously it would be dependent on whether you're living in an urban, suburban, rural area and if you are a pet owner. IIRC .Many Yarders are pet owners. Animal Control officers in our suburban setting are proactively reaching out to citizens about recent coyote attacks on people walking their dogs.. Their claim is it's largely due to the fact that it's coyote mating season and they're more aggressive and willing to take risks they would not normally take .Any animals off leash or left to their own defenses are at a disadvantage.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So you're saying full license to act like a jerk for a couple nights?
Based on my experience living in a household full of women, I do not advise that on or near full moons.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Based on my experience living in a household full of women, I do not advise that on or near full moons.
Based on my experience of acting like a jerk, my marriage will survive ;-)

Reaction Score
Based on my experience of acting like a jerk, my marriage will survive ;-)
Based on my experience of living with a Virgo, acting like a jerk is usually not an option. Although I have my moments as we all do. LOL

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 112
Reaction Score
I was properly brought up to know the January full moon is the Moon after Yule, but it appears Wolf Moon is equally acceptable.

Full Moon Names (timeanddate.com)
Can't remember the last time Chin semi-agreed with a position of mine. I'll take this as a quasi-victory. Little steps.

In true Chin style. Went with the fact check before replying.So it must be legit.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You know what they say about 3rd time's the charm. 20 years this June.

Also, #2 is affectionately known in my inner circle as "speed bump".

I had heard #2 was the mulligan wife?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
was there. Like his 2nd post coma show. He hadnt even played with GD yet again.
Nice. I had been at the last show before the coma, in D.C.

I remember they did band introductions during the "Satisfaction" encore, and I think that was the first I had ever seen them do either. I also remember it was hot that day and Jerry did not look like he was weathering it well.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Nice. I had been at the last show before the coma, in D.C.

I remember they did band introductions during the "Satisfaction" encore, and I think that was the first I had ever seen them do either. I also remember it was hot that day and Jerry did not look like he was weathering it well.
Was at that too. Brutally brutally hot. Rhyming intros were funny as hell

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Rhyming intros were funny as hell
IIRC, Jerry referred to Bob as his best friend or something to that effect when he introduced him, and that both surprised and disarmed me, because I was somewhat of a Bobby-basher and didn't think they were getting on all that well at the time.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Full moons bring on the highest tides all around the world and our brains and hearts are 73% water. It's no wonder it brings on some primitive behavior. Can't you just relate to this?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom