Heading to Memphis for the AAC Tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Heading to Memphis for the AAC Tournament

Reaction Score
Yes it was. Southeastern CT is littered with Greek pizza places. Way too many in one area. For some reason back in the 60s and 70s they all opened business in the same area. However, I am noticing more authentic ethnic foods are more popular now. Pizza is not real Greek cuisine. Real Greek food is uniquely Eastern Mediterranean, similar to foods of the Middle East.
I really like Greek food. CT. Greeks obviously figured out quickly how obsessed Americans are with pizza, just find it weird you don't see nearly as many Greek pizza places in other large Greek populated areas in the country.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I am starting a thread for anything relating fans traveling to Memphis later this week. Please post any suggestions on buying tickets, hotels, fan pre game and post game hangouts/events, and things to do while in Memphis.

I don't have tickets yet but I am strongly considering making the trip after seeing today's game and Jalen back. Let's show the conference why we have the best fans and let's pack the FedEx Forum. Our team will appreciate it and it may inspire them to do something special. At the very least, we can make a fun little trip out of it.

Thank you!

The Rendezvous is a 5 minute walk away from the stadium and serves the best ribs I have ever had.

Terrace seating in the FedEx forum is less of a nosebleed experience than most stadiums, so if there is a steep difference in ticket price I would just do terrace seating.

Beale Street is fun; I think you will enjoy it.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Let us know how the pizza is down there.

Tried a local pizza place when I was down there several weeks ago (I forget the name) and it was not impressive. I would stick to fish / BBQ / etc.

Reaction Score
Tried a local pizza place when I was down there several weeks ago (I forget the name) and it was not impressive. I would stick to fish / BBQ / etc.
Catfish? Can’t imagine landlocked Tennessee is renowned for its seafood.

Reaction Score
I used to know Memphis well living there for 5 years. Great fried chicken, ribs of course but I loved going out to breakfast and getting a basket of fresh steaming hot biscuits served with honey. Couple thousand calories for breakfast, no problem. “Gentlemen loosen your belts!”

Reaction Score
Catfish? Can’t imagine landlocked Tennessee is renowned for its seafood.
Catfish are caught in the Mississippi River and it’s tributaries, but also farm raised. I used to catch them. Fried catfish with hush puppies, oh yeah.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh you know what I mean, you.

I suspect the only fish that lives in the Mississippi in them there waters is catfish.

Reaction Score
I suspect the only fish that lives in the Mississippi in them there waters is catfish.
Well I blame my dad for never taking me fishing but I can count the times I’ve had river fish for dinner on one hand. I’m sure there’s a whole world of culinary delight to be had there, not sarcasm.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well I blame my dad for never taking me fishing but I can count the times I’ve had river fish for dinner on one hand. I’m sure there’s a whole world of culinary delight to be had there, not sarcasm.

i am not a seafood guy and especially if it comes from a non-ocean source. part of why i find new orleans the most overrated city in country

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
For all of you that have had experience parking near the FedEx Forum and downtown Memphis in general, is plenty of parking available at a reasonable price during such events? Is it worth buying parking passes ahead of time? I am seeing parking passes sold online anywhere from $10 to $25 per day (assuming it covers the whole day).

Reaction Score
Memphis is a GREAT city.

Gus' Fried Chicken is the best friend chicken on the planet.

Corky's, Rendesvous, Germantown Commissary (in the burbs) for BBQ. BBQ Shop on Madison (get the pork sandwich on Texas Toast)

Silky O'Sullivans on Beale Street.

Gibson Guitar Factory, National Civil Rights Museum, Rock N' Soul Museum.

Enjoy it and hopefully 4 games in 4 days for the Huskies

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
For all of you that have had experience parking near the FedEx Forum and downtown Memphis in general, is plenty of parking available at a reasonable price during such events? Is it worth buying parking passes ahead of time? I am seeing parking passes sold online anywhere from $10 to $25 per day (assuming it covers the whole day).

There is 10 dollar parking very close to the stadium (329 Gayoso Avenue). I wouldn't bother.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Hotel is booked! I'll be "walkin' in Memphis" tomorrow night fellas! Just hope our squad doesn't disappoint but I will try to have fun regardless of the outcome.

Go Huskies! Let's shock the world!

Reaction Score
The Peabody Hotel, the one with the ducks on the roof has a great lobby/ bar area with a piano player for drinks. It’s not slugging brew but it’s very big and great seating on nice furniture for comfort. I could spend all night there but pricey.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Jalen and Mamadou headed to Memphis. One with a $800 Canada Goose jacket and one in a $600 Louis Vuitton belt ‍♂️

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom