Heading to a UConn football game at Rentschler Field? Here’s what you need to know about tailgating, food and special events | The Boneyard

Heading to a UConn football game at Rentschler Field? Here’s what you need to know about tailgating, food and special events

Reaction Score
Courant: Heading to a UConn football game at Rentschler Field? Here’s what you need to know about tailgating, food and special events

Some notes:

>>What’s cooking in the concession stands? If you didn’t fill up in the parking lot, here’s a snapshot of the state’s booming craft beer and gourmet food truck scene awaiting you within Rentschler Field, along with all the traditional ballgame favorites.

New items for 2019 include beef sliders on brioche rolls with a side of beer cheese (available at the Sam Adams Brewhouse behind Section 108), a Monterey burger topped with pepper jack cheese and accompanied by a side of guacamole (Grill Masters, various locations), footlong hot dogs (Two Roads Tap Room, Section 107) and loaded tater tots (Chicken Fry Fry, Sections 123 and 140). Old standbys like Bear’s BBQ and the Whey Station grilled cheese truck remain in their customary spots behind Section 128 and 105, respectively. And newcomers Randy Wooster Street Pizza (located by Gate C) and Tito’s Stillhouse will bring a host of new favorites, like fried pickle chips and mason jar cocktails.<<

>>It’s worth your while to enter the stadium early, with “Happy Hour” specials available an hour and a half before kickoff. Those include $4 domestic beers, $5 popcorn buckets and discounted merchandise at any of the four Huskymania Fan Shop locations. <<

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
1PM opening for season ticket holders? Yikes, that could get messy...

Reaction Score
1PM opening for season ticket holders? Yikes, that could get messy...
Not at all....can't think of anything I'd rather do than spend 5 hours out in the fresh air with my brother and great friends at a tailgate. (well, you know what I mean). Then we top it off with a football game, not to mention a UConn football game....not to mention a new season of a much improved UConn football team. If it opened up at 9:00 AM I'd be there.
I get your point of the yikes as I don't do a lot of off season beer drinking, but I make up for it during the season. Found a couple of new beers for the season. Harpoon Raspberry UFO and Blue Moon Mango.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Not at all....can't think of anything I'd rather do than spend 5 hours out in the fresh air with my brother and great friends at a tailgate. (well, you know what I mean). Then we top it off with a football game, not to mention a UConn football game....not to mention a new season of a much improved UConn football team. If it opened up at 9:00 AM I'd be there.
I get your point of the yikes as I don't do a lot of off season beer drinking, but I make up for it during the season. Found a couple of new beers for the season. Harpoon Raspberry UFO and Blue Moon Mango.
I should go to YOUR tailgate. sounds like a blast

:D

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think it's fair to say that the last couple years have seen big jumps in gameday upgrades for the fans that did show up. Good job by the AD or whomever is responsible.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think it's fair to say that the last couple years have seen big jumps in gameday upgrades for the fans that did show up. Good job by the AD or whomever is responsible.
I enjoy the bands playing in the Blue Lot. Especially when the Funky Dawgz are in da house!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom