Headed toward a million.... | The Boneyard

Headed toward a million....

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Congratulations to all of us. In another few hours or so, the Boneyard will hit 1,000,000 messages. The poster who posts the 1,000,000 message on the nose will receive two all expense paid tickets to Diana's Pool and a cup of weak coffee at Ted's, compliments of Fishy, Nan, and Tom.

Reaction Score
1,000,000 posts. A true triumph. For all of the times where you had a project deadline, and said, "ehh, in a few minutes," or there was a wedding you were supposed to be paying attention to, and really needed to know whether we were "doomed" or not. This is for all of those lost hours of productivity and moments where the internet took precedence over the ones we care about. The Boneyard, this is for you. Congrats everyone.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
1,000,000 posts. A true triumph. For all of the times where you had a project deadline, and said, "ehh, in a few minutes," or there was a wedding you were supposed to be paying attention to, and really needed to know whether we were "doomed" or not. This is for all of those lost hours of productivity and moments where the internet took precedence over the ones we care about. The Boneyard, this is for you. Congrats everyone.

Love your avatar

Reaction Score
Love your avatar

Thank you, I can't take credit for it though. A friend of mine had it as his profile picture on facebook and I stole it for BY purposes. I felt it belonged here more.

Reaction Score
Will there be a way to tell which is the millionth post?

Reaction Score
Yes, Fishy has arranged for confetti to rain down your screen exactly 20 minutes after the fateful post occurs.

Reaction Score
On Saturday, July 26, 2014, at approximately 3:15 p.m. in the afternoon, it happened. A group of people came together to accomplish a mission: to leave a lasting mark on the internet to commemorate their distaste of productive work and developing real interpersonal relationships. The road to one million was a long and arduous one, but we finally did it. We showed the world that yelling at each other about UConn on a message board mattered; that spewing hatred and vitriol to all that offend us was important; that with enough effort and perseverance, we could create enough nonsensical threads and posts to reach seven digits in the forum statistics. We are the BY's legacy. Well done everyone.

Reaction Score
How many posters registered? That's the most important number. Many of those posts (including many of mine) shouldn't count for various reasons, top being stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom