Headed to VEGAS in the AM...Futures Bet | The Boneyard

Headed to VEGAS in the AM...Futures Bet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tomorrow I am headed to Vegas to make a few futures bets on this seasons NCAA champion. The last I checked UConn 20/1 but that may have changed. Memphis 25/1, Baylor 35/1 Vanderbilt 30/1. Any suggestions? IF a winner there will be a finders fee for you! :D

Reaction Score
I know I'm going to sound like a huge homer, but UConn at 20-1 is your best bet. You don't get an undisputed Top 5 team pre-season at 20-1, almost ever.

I got in $100 at 30-1.

Reaction Score
Whats Nova they remind me of us last year. Throw a 20 on them you never know

Reaction Score
i agree our huskies are a solid play, I wouldn't touch Memphis with a ten foot poll don't think you can win a national title with Joe Jackson as your point guard. If your looking for some long shots Xavier looks solid a tough Out of Conference schedule which will help them out in March and with Tu Holloway anything can happen they return their top 6 scorers and top 2 rebounders very experienced club, they'll make some big noise in march.

Reaction Score
I know I'm going to sound like a huge homer, but UConn at 20-1 is your best bet. You don't get an undisputed Top 5 team pre-season at 20-1, almost ever.

I got in $100 at 30-1.
Interesting...Did you place the bet online or in Vegas? When did you make the play?

Reaction Score
i agree our huskies are a solid play, I wouldn't touch Memphis with a ten foot poll don't think you can win a national title with Joe Jackson as your point guard. If your looking for some long shots Xavier looks solid a tough Out of Conference schedule which will help them out in March and with Tu Holloway anything can happen they return their top 6 scorers and top 2 rebounders very experienced club, they'll make some big noise in march.
Interesting! I was just posting about Xavier and you mentioned it!

Reaction Score
Joe Jackson can be a turnover machine but played with Lamb this summer.

Reaction Score
Joe Jackson can be a turnover machine but played with Lamb this summer.
He did but i watched a lot of those games Jackson hasn't changed one bit still way to turnover prone for me to say Memphis can win a national title, remember they are still very young, only played in one ncaa tournament game. Only thing i like about the team is their schedule like Xavier they are being tested out of conference with Maui, @ Gtwon, and @ Ville. It's your money if you like Memphis go with it, but im not touching them. Also agree on Nova, they or Gtown will bounce back big this year.

Reaction Score
He did but i watched a lot of those games Jackson hasn't changed one bit still way to turnover prone for me to say Memphis can win a national title, remember they are still very young, only played in one ncaa tournament game. Only thing i like about the team is their schedule like Xavier they are being tested out of conference with Maui, @ Gtwon, and @ Ville. It's your money if you like Memphis go with it, but im not touching them. Also agree on Nova, they or Gtown will bounce back big this year.
Whats the case for Nova and Gtown? Both lost pretty big to graduation. Thanks for the Joe J update I wasn't able to watch any of those games. Interesting thoughts. Thanks...

Reaction Score
I wonder what UConn's odds were to win the National Championship last year? 300/1?

Reaction Score
Whats the case for Nova and Gtown? Both lost pretty big to graduation. Thanks for the Joe J update I wasn't able to watch any of those games. Interesting thoughts. Thanks...
Both return a good amount as well, i feel better about Gtown than i do Nova to be honest Nova's last two years have either been a result of Wayns or the outgoing players. Nova does bring back Wayns and Yarou which is a solid core. Gtown on the other hand brings back Clarke and Thompson and Clarke ended the year really strong. Thompson will put up better numbers with Wright and Freeman gone. Not to mention i love Otto Porter kid is a player and will be a impact freshman, expect Markel Starks to step in and produce was very impressed by him in limited minutes in the Big East Tournament. The key is who steps up at center Lubick certainly can't play the 5, so a lot of pressure is on Henry Simms and incoming freshman Mikeael Thompkins to produce if they do Gtown will have a bounce back year. Their year starts off with a strong showing in Maui wouldn't shock me if they win it i think they are that good.

Reaction Score
Both return a good amount as well, i feel better about Gtown than i do Nova to be honest Nova's last two years have either been a result of Wayns or the outgoing players. Nova does bring back Wayns and Yarou which is a solid core. Gtown on the other hand brings back Clarke and Thompson and Clarke ended the year really strong. Thompson will put up better numbers with Wright and Freeman gone. Not to mention i love Otto Porter kid is a player and will be a impact freshman, expect Markel Starks to step in and produce was very impressed by him in limited minutes in the Big East Tournament. The key is who steps up at center Lubick certainly can't play the 5, so a lot of pressure is on Henry Simms and incoming freshman Mikeael Thompkins to produce if they do Gtown will have a bounce back year. Their year starts off with a strong showing in Maui wouldn't shock me if they win it i think they are that good.
Wow you are admittedly schooling me on Gtown. I really have been sleeping on them due to the loss of Freeman and Wright. It looks like some due diligence is in play for bluedoghouse. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Wow you are admittedly schooling me on Gtown. I really have been sleeping on them due to the loss of Freeman and Wright. It looks like some due diligence is in play for bluedoghouse. Thanks!
no problem my man hope you win some $$$$

Reaction Score
Well I love college hoops and thought it would be fun to buy a few tickets and make the season a little more exciting. I'm going solo and will probably hit the buffets and take it easy for a few days. I have been to Vegas a few times. Probably 7 years ago. Really just going to buy a couple of the futures tickets. After reading the board here I probably will just go heavy on UConn. IF I win I will spend half of it probably throwing a UConn victory party somewhere in NYC. I would give you guys the place and time! :D

Reaction Score
If you look at the stats Wayns and Walker had similar Sophomore seasons. I kno people have been saying this for years but I think Cheek is a better player than he has shown. Also like Yarou. However I thought they be way higher than 50/1.

I like Xavier a lot Tu Holloway and Lyons are studs.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Who's their Kemba?
+1

I know what the post meant which is they are young and seem to have a lot of chemistry but it is hard to say any team will be like last year's title team. Kemba had some of the most legendary single games and single plays in UConn, Big East, and NCAA history. The Pitt buzzer beater will forever be a classic.

Reaction Score
If you look at the stats Wayns and Walker had similar Sophomore seasons. I kno people have been saying this for years but I think Cheek is a better player than he has shown. Also like Yarou. However I thought they be way higher than 50/1.

yep 50/1 and Xavier appears to be 75/1.

Reaction Score

Honestly I don't know much about Lyons but I have vetted the team including Holloway of course. They seem like 1 of the better long shots. I remember them getting knocked out by Ohio State several years ago. They had that game!

Reaction Score
Memphis should be real good this year. Love their coach. Xavier at 75/1 seems like a good pick. Cincinnati though is poised to have a pretty good year too. Everyone here is excited for them - more so than Xavier, which is saying something where Xavier basketball rules.

UConn seems like a good bet, but maybe we're putting too much stock in our freshmen and not recognizing the importance of losing Kemba. We've got a damn good team, but parts are unproven. It's risky in my opinion.

And I wouldn't touch Baylor. They were supposed to be really really good last year. I'm not sure if it's just the players they have or the coaching, but they were the most underwhelming team last year.

Reaction Score
I think Georgetown is really going to miss Wright. They looked lost without him at the end of last season..he was their glue much more than Freeman in my opinion.

I could definitely see Villanova having a bounceback year, however I don't think there's a better bet for a Big East team right now than UConn at 20-1

Reaction Score
I hope the new players on Gtown give the whole team herpes. There ends my interest in Gtown.

Reaction Score
Just got back from Vegas a few hours ago...current odds for UConn to win it all next year are 15-1. Did open at 20, probably dropped when Drummond joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom