He told everyone it was coming. Its here now | The Boneyard

He told everyone it was coming. Its here now

Reaction Score
Hurleys first two seasons which were in the AAC with a roster mostly made up of Ollies guys he was 35-29 and if not for covid may have made the tourney in his second season. In his first two years in the Big East he improved to 38-18 with two straight tourney appearances that ended in first round exits. Over the last two years he is 68-11 which are the most wins in a two year span in the programs history with both seasons ending in national titles. In doing research for this i found that our 37 wins is one short of the season record for a team of 38 which has been done 3 times by the same coach. Calipari, yeah i know. Imagine all that talent and only 1 title to show for it. Hes already gotten beaten out by Hurley with way less talent then that car salesman. Anyway im not sure what my point is i just thought these were some interesting numbers and just how right Hurley turned out to be.

Reaction Score

it really feels too good to be a husky fan

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We're on top of the world. As hard as it may seem for us 70 & 80 era fans, even more so for the 50 & 60 era fans, these last two seasons may eclipse the dream season

Although before the dream season, we were nobody just wishing to make the dance. Hurley stepped into a great tradition, and expanded it

Reaction Score
The dream season is just so special for so many reasons.

One of many many special Uconn teams. Pure dominance explains these last 2 years. And two very different teams with different styles.

Dan drives at 80mph, he is a student of the game. Always trying to improve and get better. His relentless pursuit of greatness is quite scary for the best coach currently in CBB.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He grows on you. He is a hell of a character. That midseason slump/turnaround in 2022-2023 was the turning point for him and the team. He just got it all together and so did the team. I admire his tenacity. And he can be very funny. This past two seasons has been beyond words for me except
"Wow!"

Reaction Score
That midseason slump/turnaround in 2022-2023 was the turning point for him and the team. He just got it all together and so did the team.
I think it was the 2nd half of the 2nd Xavier game. We decided that instead of running the offense through the post as the first option, we would run offense and take the first available good shot, which was often a Hawk or Newton shot. We lost that game by 2 i think after being down by about 18.
From then on, we lost 1 game (close Marquette loss), a Title, the a 30-3 season with all the titles possible.

Reaction Score
I think it was the 2nd half of the 2nd Xavier game. We decided that instead of running the offense through the post as the first option, we would run offense and take the first available good shot, which was often a Hawk or Newton shot. We lost that game by 2 i think after being down by about 18.
From then on, we lost 1 game (close Marquette loss), a Title, the a 30-3 season with all the titles possible.
It also helped that he figured out how to use Ajax. That was huge.

Reaction Score
I saw the thread title and figured it was another Ed Cooley, "Spoiled and Arrogant" post.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom