He Lived!!!!!!!!!!!! Home Opener Emergency Guy | The Boneyard

He Lived!!!!!!!!!!!! Home Opener Emergency Guy

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In the home-opener Game Thread someone mentioned that a guy collapsed in a men's room and was taken away by an ambulance. Apparently looked bleak. I don't remember a follow-up to his condition...like, did he live?

Tonight Channel 8 news ran a story where he thanked the first responders for saving his life. So, he lived!!

I can't find the video on their page, tho.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nice. I was on my way to the head when a cop stopped me in my tracks as they rushed him out on a gurney. Medic was performing chest compressions. It didn’t look good. Glad he made it.

Reaction Score
;)Boneyard Holiday Season Public Service Message:

>>Effective bystander CPR provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest can double or triple a victim's chance of survival, but only 32 percent of cardiac arrest victims get CPR from a bystander. Sadly, less than eight percent of people who suffer cardiac arrest outside the hospital survive.<<

Take a class - save a life!
Community lifesavers

Reaction Score

>>Effective bystander CPR provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest can double or triple a victim's chance of survival, but only 32 percent of cardiac arrest victims get CPR from a bystander. Sadly, less than eight percent of people who suffer cardiac arrest outside the hospital survive.<<

Community lifesavers
@huskymedic gonna add on to your post...also know where AED's are in public buildings...between CPR and administering shocks from a AED the survival rate goes up even higher.

Reaction Score

Community lifesavers

Here's something you probably know.

More women die from a heart attack due to people afraid to touch their breasts when giving chest compressions.

Strange but true.

Reaction Score
@huskymedic gonna add on to your post...also know where AED's are in public buildings...between CPR and administering shocks from a AED the survival rate goes up even higher.
I mean it really comes down to the AED as that’s all medics are going to do en route to the hospital anyway, that’s the real life-saving intervention

Reaction Score
I mean it really comes down to the AED as that’s all medics are going to do en route to the hospital anyway, that’s the real life-saving intervention

Ummm... no. AED’s are useless if it’s not a shockable rhythm. Chest compressions, airway management and pharmacological support is necessary.

Reaction Score
Not in the least...immediate CPR and AED application are essential to survival..medics are doing MUCH more than just AED application...they are intubating the pt if needed, administering drugs essential to cardiac arrest intervention and reading a cardiac monitor interpreting what they see to make the decisions of what steps they need to do drug administration wise. @huskymedic feel free to help me and fill in my gaps

Reaction Score
Not in the least...immediate CPR and AED application are essential to survival..medics are doing MUCH more than just AED application...they are intubating the pt if needed, administering drugs essential to cardiac arrest intervention and reading a cardiac monitor interpreting what they see to make the decisions of what steps they need to do drug administration wise. @huskymedic feel free to help me and fill in my gaps

That works for a college football message board ;):D

Reaction Score
Guess being a lifeguard years ago taught me nothing

Reaction Score
Guess being a lifeguard years ago taught me nothing
Nah I wouldn't say that in the least...it gave you the skills to help someone like this thread is about if they were to go down

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Nah, you’re good. Basics... chest compressions and airway until more help arrives
My wife recently told me that only chest compressions are the way CPR is going nowadays? No mouth to mouth anymore?

Reaction Score
My wife recently told me that only chest compressions are the way CPR is going nowadays? No mouth to mouth anymore?

Hands only CPR is very good until trained responders arrive:

Reaction Score
I started that thread. Like Jimmy I was headed to bathroom. Defibrillator was out, he looked blue. Great news.

Reaction Score
Point of order. That isn’t “all we do”. I’m not insulted, just pointing out the laundry list of things we do enroute to a hospital. IV, intubation, ekg and interpretation thereof, o2 and co2 interpretation and probably 4-5 cardiac meds minimum. All during the 5 minute ride to the hospital. Is the AED important? Heck yes!

Reaction Score
Correct mouth to mouth is no longer taught to lay persons. Keeping blood pumping to the brain is paramount. It takes many chest compressions to build up enough pressure to get any blood flowing and every time you stop, you start all over again. That and there’s enough oxygen circulating already to keep you going for a while (I don’t remember the exact figure. Basically, if someone doesn’t have a pulse you can feel, put the palm of your hand between the nipples on the breastbone and compress 2-4inches and sing “stayin alive” in your head as that’s the pace you want to do... 100 beats per minute! Even if you haven’t been trained, do this! Take a cpr class still. You never know!

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
In the home-opener Game Thread someone mentioned that a guy collapsed in a men's room and was taken away by an ambulance. Apparently looked bleak. I don't remember a follow-up to his condition...like, did he live?

Tonight Channel 8 news ran a story where he thanked the first responders for saving his life. So, he lived!!

Thank you for posting this update. It made my day.

And THANK YOU to all the first responders out there who make these wonderful stories possible!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom