"He is such a G." | The Boneyard

"He is such a G."

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Can someone translate this? I have no idea what she is saying, sorry.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
gangsta
Ehhhh, that might be the origin of it, but the connotation is a bit different.

I agree with this entry in Urban Dictionary:

A "G" doesn't necessarily refer to a gangster. In Queens, among the individuals I'm acquainted with, a "G" is basically a person who has their "s*** together"....or someone who is good at life, all around. An individual who is good looking, in good shape, is intelligent, has money, is good with people, is with hot women, is well dressed etc. is a "G." Therefore, the majority of the hip-hop/gangster community are not G's at all due to their lack of brains, money, social skill, class, style etc.​
Lil' Wayne is not a G (due to him not being successful in all facets of life, eg. inability to conduct himself appropriately, lack of intelligence etc.).​
Jay-Z is a G (high quality lyricism, money, Beyonce, style, class etc.).​

Urban Dictionary: G

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Such a “Guido” —- an ethnic slur in some parts
Seeing that she is employed by ESPN (I think), that meaning could come back to bite her in the current climate I would suspect. I'll settle on @Plebe's definition.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Seeing that she is employed by ESPN (I think), that meaning could come back to bite her in the current climate I would suspect. I'll settle on @Plebe's definition.
I can most certainly assure everyone that she did not call him a "Guido" or a "godfather." :confused:

Reaction Score
She has a few outs....but in the context of a gold chain, open collar, with a suit and a haircut....it’s GUIDO...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I can most certainly assure everyone that she did not call him a "Guido" or a "godfather." :confused:

Then what did she mean when referencing a gold chain? How do you know what she meant?

Reaction Score
1549937755923.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think she is saying " He is such a Geno" At least, that is the story I would settle on. ;)

Reaction Score
If "he's a G" is known lingo -- and it seems like it is -- then the meaning is clear. See the post from Urban Dictionary.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's purely a compliment, people. And it has absolutely nothing to do with ethnicity.

Sometimes I forget about the demographics of this board ...

Reaction Score
Sheesh. It is bad enough that someone has to resort to 140-character tweets to express their opinions. Then, when they write like this, that just about seals the deal. And before someone says it, I know I don't have to follow them, which is why I don't. Her, or anyone else, for that matter.x

Sorry for the grumpiness, but the whole concept of Twitter drives me nuts.

Reaction Score
Then what did she mean when referencing a gold chain? How do you know what she meant?
It's purely a compliment, people. And it has absolutely nothing to do with ethnicity.

Sometimes I forget about the demographics of this board ...
i said it was a reference.....you inferred it as a slur.

LR definitely meant is a a compliment. True G’s would take it as a compliment.

Only a non- G would see it as a slur.

YOU are definitely no G !

Reaction Score
Thanks, obviously I had no clue.
And I don't know how to use one of those tweet machines :)
In case you are serious, Twitter is an app that can be downloaded on any phone and/or computer. It is incredibly user friendly; even my 71-year brain finds it quite simple.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom