HCRE's Success(ion) Plan & Legacy | The Boneyard

HCRE's Success(ion) Plan & Legacy

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I really like what I'm seeing with HCRE v2.0 so far. It strikes me that v2.0 is very conscious of not only of getting the football program back to it's winning ways in the near term, but also building and leaving it in the best possible condition and hands for future success.

In his presser on Dec. 30th, he said he was "going to do things right" [this time] and I think that's exactly what he meant. So, while we all want short term success, which I'm sure HCRE does as well, he also has to be thinking about his coaching legacy. And so far, his actions indicate that he's very aware of both his strengths and his weaknesses, and this time around is doing what needs to be done to build off of both.

At 59 yrs old, this is HCRE's Gettysburg/Waterloo; a chance to lead UConn football in a decisive new direction and final successful campaign on the battlefield, and for his legacy. Giddy Up!, or is that Husky Up! coach? Either way, MUFGA!

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Everyone keeps saying this but if things go well then Edsall could be here for 8-9 years... 59 isn't old at all for a HC
Agree. And it will take longer than 3-4 years to cement a positive new legacy. Maybe even as many as 8-9 yrs.

Reaction Score
It'll take until the next (and potentially final) realignment comes up, so probably around 2025 or maybe a little earlier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom