HCBD Bleeds Winning | Page 7 | The Boneyard

HCBD Bleeds Winning

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ummm not to get all statisically on you but, one game isn't a large sample size. But you're the expert on stats.

Yeah your examples of teams rising from the dead was the large sample size I was talking about. Thousands of bad teams and you've got a handful of examples.

Nevada/California is a safe distance to predict a conference championship is in play.

It is at least 10 times more likely UConn loses to Stony Brook than they win a conf title.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
It is at least 10 times more likely UConn loses to Stony Brook than they win a conf title.

Pulling numbers out of your butt?

Or did you do some fancy regression?

Reaction Score
Actually, yes, that is exactly correct. There is a difference between practice and game speed. Especially against an actual opponent as opposed to the scout team, or even your own first team offense / defense that is used to playing against the same playbook practice after practice.

The idea that you can completely evaluate your team entirely in practice is naive.

Actually, if you've got significant differences in practice speed and game speed, you've got a pretty big problem.

Reaction Score
Actually, if you've got significant differences in practice speed and game speed, you've got a pretty big problem.
You know its a different experience Carl. Its about the transition and finding those 22 that can play fast when the lights go on.

Reaction Score
You know its a different experience Carl. Its about the transition and finding those 22 that can play fast when the lights go on.

yeah, I guess you're right. We are still in preparation phase of this season. By the time the season starts, we'll have settled on those 22 for a lineup and be able to ramp up the speed of play in practices. I guess I'm just not used to those kinds of time frames being flexible like they are now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
yeah, I guess you're right. We are still in preparation phase of this season. By the time the season starts, we'll have settled on those 22 for a lineup and be able to ramp up the speed of play in practices. I guess I'm just not used to those kinds of time frames being flexible like they are now.
New head coaches too.

Reaction Score
Lol that is hardly the same thing.

First of all the NCAA tourney is completely different - there used to be a handful of teams that could win - now Kentucky sleepwalks through a season and puts a future NBA roster in as an 8 seed. Ten years ago a team like Villanova would have been closer to a 12 seed than a 2.

Secondly, sure 3-5 teams win conferences the next year. If you watched UConn on Friday and think that team has a better chance to win the AAC than Napier and company had to win the NCAA tourney then I'd suggest an introductory class on probability and statistics.
I suggest he re-watch that game and maybe sign up for Diaco's Football for women next year...

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I suggest he re-watch that game and maybe sign up for Diaco's Football for women next year...

Wow. The guy who posted about 250 times about why Ollie was a terrible hire is talking smack.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
While that is a nice goal it's nowhere near the same probability as a 7 seed winning the tourney. It's not even in the same galaxy.

If that's the case what are we arguing about since you don't think we can win any games anyway?

Reaction Score
He came out and said he wasn't going to watch last year's film. So clearly he wanted to see his guys run his stuff against live opponents in a real game situation.

My guess is if this was year two and we were playing a top 25ish school he wouldn't be that liberal because he knows what most of his guys can do. And I'm sure he would have preferred not playing BYU to open his career here.

If anything, I'm irritated at Max for fumbling and taking the air out of the stadium. Everything after that to me was "well let's see how the team responds"...anyone that seriously thought we were coming back to win after that given the opponent overindulged in the Pregame.

I seriously can't figure out why everyone is so mad. Get a W today and get one next week and we will be 2-1. Something we haven't seen in a very long time. If we are 1-2 or 0-3 then get as mad as you like. But most of the people that are most critical had us down for an L anyway. Chill.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If that's the case what are we arguing about since you don't think we can win any games anyway?

How does not winning a conference championshio = dont think we can win any games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom