HBOs 24/7 College Football | The Boneyard

HBOs 24/7 College Football

Reaction Score
HBO has a new series where they are taking a college team and going behind the scenes for a week as they prepare for the next game. The first show was University of Florida as they come off a win over TN and prepare for Towson.

It was not earth shattering but what I found amazing there was absolutely nothing that showed that these are student athletes. They show them at practice, team meeting, lounging around the locker room, places where they grab a nap, off time activities such as bowling, but absolutely nothing about fitting in classes, or going to class at all. No one was squeezing in any homework in that downtime, or carrying a book when they get on the team bus. I would think that would be hardest aspect of being a college athlete at a top program is fitting in school work. (Maybe classes aren't required during the season for the SEC).

I am have heard Penn State has mandatory study halls for the team and has always been known for a fairly high graduation rate, we shall see, as they are next team to be showcased next week.

Reaction Score
There was a time when we used to have mandatory study halls with tutors and had to go by coaches offices and literally sign in that we went to specific classes.

You’d rather go to class versus not going and signing in that you had gone - that was the absolute worst because you lied. You saw one or two guys get caught on that and you never wanted to try that trick.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
"Southern football schools have zero academics and dog bites man, two ground breaking stories tonight at 11!"

Reaction Score
I heard somewhere (quite a while ago) that at Miami the players did not have classes during the season. All "academics" were done in the summer and during the break between semesters. No idea if that's actually true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom