HBO Flat out Madness Recruiting Video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

HBO Flat out Madness Recruiting Video

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just watched the first half minute. Beautiful photography. Great cinema. HBO is masterful.

It's well edited, seamless, constantly moving, with lots of different tempos. Some, I feel, are being too picky. For me the best part is it gives us a few rare glimpses of Geno, BUT, as he wants to be seen for his purposes. He is the Master.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Thanks a bunch, Rocky! Any kid who would be scared by this film would no fit here anyway. Great filter! (Not that the staff need it!)

I do think that one thing that comes through this first hour is how much "team"/family is in this program. But it is a family, so as Kia points out, if you don't "get it" you don't just have the coaches on you, you have your team mates too. Lou was on that too, in specific reference to Danger (I really hate that nickname!!). Then there is Geno: "If you look scared you're not playing." That's a pretty good balance.

Reaction Score
Probably.

So maybe, what 90+%, of D1 WCBB coaches did/will watch this with the hopes of advancing their program? But of course only about 30% will ADMIT that they watched. :rolleyes:

But think of the poor kids, soon there will be NO D1 programs available for a high school superstar kid that already knows the game inside and out and doesn't need coaching. :rolleyes:
They'll be no "safety schools," Geno's wrath will be a part of every program. :eek: :rolleyes: Head bang
OCCUPY UCONN!!!!!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
What was that Lobo person doing in this film? Isn't she the same Lobo who was the worst center in the whole country when she played here?

she got better...
python-i-got-better.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't mind paying HBO for their production. I hope and trust that the
series will ultimately be available on DVD.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm not so sure it didn't scare 95% of the recruits away from Storrs..that's not a bad thing....they weren't going to be recruited by Geno any way.

Charliebball, There's a lot of truth in your statement. The 95% that are intimidated by this piece, are not the ones you want. Like Geno said in a sound bit in the piece: "If you're scared, don't come out here". We want the 5% who are not scared, and would eagerly welcome the challenge. Those are the players that won't quit on you, and will help you win games.

UConn women's basketball - We never take possessions off. :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
BTW, Megatron retweeted about the UConn program on HBO. She will get a lot of TV time starting in November and for 15-20 years after that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom