HBO Finale | The Boneyard

HBO Finale

Reaction Score
Man, the HBO finale is far more intriguing to me now. Had we just coasted to a title it would have been nice to see. But maybe if we are lucky we can hear the final huddle, see reactions as players leave court, and even the locker room and trip home. Could be some great material if HBO was in position.

Reaction Score
Wonder whether the HBO Series was a big, colossal distraction? Television destroys everything it touches.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
the biggest jinx of the season...

Reaction Score
Wonder whether the HBO Series was a big, colossal distraction? Television destroys everything it touches.

the biggest jinx of the season...

The surge in publicity and attention ...and especially "the streak" was over the top. Distraction? Pressure? Mojo? Nah...;) Today's headlines are calling it "one of the greatest upsets in sports history" etc. Hardly, for those of us who knew.

Great effort by the Bulldogs and their wondrous Ms. William. An almost scripted match up of players and coaching...especially if you watched Baylor game.

These are the kind where you wish it were "best of xx" series but can't be. It was NOT a HUGE upset to the cognoscenti. It was due. It was an exciting basketball game. One for the record books. WCBB benefited. (I got late night notes from a few non-regular fans...someone was watching even at the late hour.) I wonder if final will have the same panache and attendance/viewers for those not associated with either team.

Next? Dust off, take a break, start the streak again. The new teams will have another target. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to it as well, more so to see how they respond today, tomorrow... a couple days for now for end of season meetings. It was an emotional thing last night and it's tough to see how they respond to it because the wound is fresh. From the post game clips I saw and pressers I thought they all handled it pretty well and graciously. I enjoyed Geno's comments too when the reporter asked "what do you tell your players, they've obviously been crying." And he said he told him to think about how many girls they have sent to the locker room crying in the same position. I think he's absolutely right and I feel like if HBO has any scenes from the couple days following you are going to see a completely different demeanor about how they go about their business now from the players point of view. I think Kia and Gabby are the types that going into their senior year are going to take this loss and turn into stone cold killers for their senior year and just be ruthless.

Anybody know if it's a half hour or full hour?

Reaction Score
I think the HBO series was a huge boost for the Huskies and WBB in general.

It will be interesting to watch next years games against all the teams that wanted a shot at the Huskies this season. Be careful what you wish for.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
The surge in publicity and attention ...and especially "the streak" was over the top. Distraction? Pressure? Mojo? Nah...;) Today's headlines are calling it "one of the greatest upsets in sports history" etc. Hardly, for those of us who knew.

Great effort by the Bulldogs and their wondrous Ms. William. An almost scripted match up of players and coaching...especially if you watched Baylor game.

These are the kind where you wish it were "best of xx" series but can't be. It was NOT a HUGE upset to the cognoscenti. It was due. It was an exciting basketball game. One for the record books. WCBB benefited. (I got late night notes from a few non-regular fans...someone was watching even at the late hour.) I wonder if final will have the same panache and attendance/viewers for those not associated with either team.

Next? Dust off, take a break, start the streak again. The new teams will have another target. :)
You're comment- about this being the largest upset in history- hardly, for those of us who knew. That is the smartest quote I've seen in a long time. Most casual observers never understood how great but non dominant this team really was. Many of our fans wear rose colored glasses. I'm not sure it was an upset.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
You're comment- about this being the largest upset in history- hardly, for those of us who knew. That is the smartest quote I've seen in a long time. Most casual observers never understood how great but non dominant this team really was. Many of our fans wear rose colored glasses. I'm not sure it was an upset.
I don't consider it an upset as well

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to it as well, more so to see how they respond today, tomorrow... a couple days for now for end of season meetings. It was an emotional thing last night and it's tough to see how they respond to it because the wound is fresh. From the post game clips I saw and pressers I thought they all handled it pretty well and graciously. I enjoyed Geno's comments too when the reporter asked "what do you tell your players, they've obviously been crying." And he said he told him to think about how many girls they have sent to the locker room crying in the same position. I think he's absolutely right and I feel like if HBO has any scenes from the couple days following you are going to see a completely different demeanor about how they go about their business now from the players point of view. I think Kia and Gabby are the types that going into their senior year are going to take this loss and turn into stone cold killers for their senior year and just be ruthless.

Anybody know if it's a half hour or full hour?

so far, every episode except the first has been around 25-30 mins. this may change for the last one though given the teams unexpected collapse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom