Hawkins | The Boneyard

Hawkins

Reaction Score
Hope he's OK to go tomorrow. Was his ankle why he was on the bench a lot 2nd half? Looked great out there regardless of the turnover.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Did I miss something? I thought he finished the game healthy?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Did anyone else’s stomach drop when he went down on what looked like a non foul on the break? Scared the s outta me.

Kid is super special. Had a moment under the lights but I don’t expect we will ever see that again.

Reaction Score
Did I miss something? I thought he finished the game healthy?
Hurley kept him out 2nd half a lot and I hope it wasn't because of injury and ability to stay with his man defensively. Love to have the team screen for him more with him as the guy on offense.

Reaction Score
Hurley kept him out 2nd half a lot and I hope it wasn't because of injury and ability to stay with his man defensively. Love to have the team screen for him more with him as the guy on offense.
I felt like maybe he felt more comfortable with Jackson’s ball handling and versatility in the game. I was calling for Hawkins to come in for sure but in the end it all worked out

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He needs a lot more run. There is nothing wrong with him. He was shocked when he wasn’t put back in after his turnover towards the end of regulation.

Can’t quibble with the result today, but I hate our starting lineup, and Hawkins needs to play earlier and more.

Reaction Score
I mean it's going to come down to Jackson or Hawkins. Jackson a better passer, rebounder and athletic. Hawk opens the offense up as a threat that Jackson isn't. They both will play a lot.

Reaction Score
He needs a lot more run. There is nothing wrong with him. He was shocked when he wasn’t put back in after his turnover towards the end of regulation.

Can’t quibble with the result today, but I hate our starting lineup, and Hawkins needs to play earlier and more.
I couldn’t agree more. I was watching the game with my pops today and I kept saying “I hate this lineup for offense, he needs to put Hawkins in” all throughout the OT’s. I understand he’s a freshman and Hurley probably doesn’t his trust defense yet, but the guy is elite on offense and will only continue to get better. A lineup of Whaley, Sanogo, Polley, Jackson, and Cole gives me serious concern on the offensive side. I would have preferred Hawkins for Jackson vs the Auburn lineup at the end there.

Reaction Score
We are going to have offensive slumps to open games if Whaley and Jackson play together. It's a problem. They both do so much well... but you have to score to win.

Hawkins needs to start after this weekend if he can continue to be an effecient double digit scorer. I think starting over Jackson will be the right call.

Reaction Score
I was calling for Hawkins to come in for sure but in the end it all worked out
This isnt particularly aimed at you but more the people that bag on DHs every coaching move. It cracks me up when people criticize DH coaching decisions and when it doesnt work out he gets blamed but when it does its the "glad it worked out". It didnt work out DH made the right move.

Reaction Score
I mean it's going to come down to Jackson or Hawkins. Jackson a better passer, rebounder and athletic. Hawk opens the offense up as a threat that Jackson isn't. They both will play a lot.
At the same time.

Reaction Score

He needs to play a ton tomorrow, I think he will.

Reaction Score
Hope he's OK to go tomorrow. Was his ankle why he was on the bench a lot 2nd half? Looked great out there regardless of the turnover.
This was a tough matchup for him right now. Jalen's ball-handling was needed, Andre is the better/tougher defender, Tyler caught fire in the second half. He'll have moments where he pops, but the fact that he is going to have to earn his minutes is a sign of how healthy this program is right now. Two or three years ago, he's playing 35 minutes a night as a freshman.

Reaction Score
I’ll take the different path here. We are not having problems scoring. Jackson is more polished in all facets of the game. AJ has the minutes of the two until he loses that right.
Polished is not a word that comes to my mind when I think of Jackson. We all know he’s a great athlete, but he is a major liability on offense. And his guy went by him at will today a few times. So what does he do that is so great? A highlight reel play or two per game, but I’m really not seeing it with him until he learns how to contribute more offensively. As stated ad nauseum, he and Whaley in the lineup together severely restricts us on offense.

More Hawkins please

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Hawkins look a lot like Ray. If there’s one thing he’ll need to improve on that he may come back for a 2nd year for us his handle. That jumper is pure butter. Him and AJ need to play together more. Think they can feed off their playmaking and athleticism.

Reaction Score
Polished is not a word that comes to my mind when I think of Jackson. We all know he’s a great athlete, but he is a major liability on offense. And his guy went by him at will today a few times. So what does he do that is so great? A highlight reel play or two per game, but I’m really not seeing it with him until he learns how to contribute more offensively. As stated ad nauseum, he and Whaley in the lineup together severely restricts us on offense.

More Hawkins please
Yeah, I don't really see what the love affair is with AJ. He is a great athlete but brings almost nothing on both sides of the ball besides a couple nice passes and highlight dunks. His defense and handle are still a WIP. His offensive game? MIA. Now on the other hand Hawkins just looks like Ray Allen out there. Instant offense and definitely he will be playing in a shooting league of the NBA soon.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't really see what the love affair is with AJ. He is a great athlete but brings almost nothing on both sides of the ball besides a couple nice passes and highlight dunks. His defense and handle are still a WIP. His offensive game? MIA. Now on the other hand Hawkins just looks like Ray Allen out there. Instant offense and definitely he will be playing in a shooting league of the NBA soon.
It’s amazing to me how someone’s eyeballs could actually tell them AJ brings ‘almost nothing on both sides of the ball’

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom