Hawkins will have two 15 point halves soon. | The Boneyard

Hawkins will have two 15 point halves soon.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He'll still defend like an orange pylon. He is tiny. He will be back next season.

His quick release is really improving.

Reaction Score
Thought it might be tonight. But it's coming.
Off of memory, Hurley said multiple times at the beginning of the year Hawk will have a couple 35-40 point games. He's really good, ultimate green light and now he's dribbling into better shots.

Reaction Score
He'll still defend like an orange pylon. He is tiny. He will be back next season.

His quick release is really improving.

I think he has improved his D a great deal over last year. He needs to get stronger. Didn't need to go for the block late in the game, but he is getting better.

Thought Newton was overmatched tonight.tjhough.

What I love about Hawkins is he is already pretty good at the fake, reset and pop. Some shooters struggle with this. He also seems comfortable shooting going left or right. Going left is usually the higher percentage shot for a right hander, when you are coming around a screen, but he's pretty good at taking a dribble in both directions and popping.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
Hawkins seems to have gotten more aggressive of late. Just in how he is rebounding or taking charges. And his stroke is quite lovely. Everytime it looks like its going down. (Small? He's 6"5', no?)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He defended great tonight.
I keep seeing the two times where he was on a guy who had the ball at the arc and they bodied him up as they made their way to the hoop. He was basically a jacket.

Reaction Score
Jordan Hawkins is a volume shooter. He’ll get his points every night if he stays out of foul trouble. This means multiple 30-point games this season. Conversely, my favorite player on this team, Andre Jackson, is not a volume shooter. The fact that he took 11 shots last night is criminal. His shot selection should be dunks and layups with the occasional floaters and 3s.

Reaction Score
I keep seeing the two times where he was on a guy who had the ball at the arc and they bodied him up as they made their way to the hoop. He was basically a jacket.

Hawkins blocked the shot on one of those.

Reaction Score
Jordan Hawkins is a volume shooter. He’ll get his points every night if he stays out of foul trouble. This means multiple 30-point games this season. Conversely, my favorite player on this team, Andre Jackson, is not a volume shooter. The fact that he took 11 shots last night is criminal. His shot selection should be dunks and layups with the occasional floaters and 3s.

Dre was 2-6 from three. Better than the team which was 9-30 from three. Including a monster from the corner which gave us breathing space.

According to Hurley he (Hawkins) guarded well for most of the night.

Reaction Score
When the opposing team leaves Jackson wide open for a 3 I’m fine with him taking it. He’s proven he can make the open 3 at a high enough percentage. Villanova left him open and, in my opinion, Jackson made them pay for it. I was happy with how it played out.

Neptune took a page from Hurley’s book last night from when Hurley left Slater open from 3 in a previous game. Slater made us pay for it. Jackson made Neptune pay for it last night. He’s good enough from a wide open 3 that you can’t give that to him. I’m fine with him taking that shot all day if the defense is giving it to him.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
When the opposing team leaves Jackson wide open for a 3 I’m fine with him taking it. He’s proven he can make the open 3 at a high enough percentage. Villanova left him open and, in my opinion, Jackson made them pay for it. I was happy with how it played out.

Neptune took a page from Hurley’s book last night from when Hurley left Slater open from 3 in a previous game. Slater made us pay for it. Jackson made Neptune pay for it last night. He’s good enough from a wide open 3 that you can’t give that to him. I’m fine with him taking that shot all day if the defense is giving it to him.
I'm with you. He iced the game on that clutch three he made. Pure net. Don't want him taking contested threes but these open ones he's hitting at a good percentage. It's obvious teams will be playing off him and the more opportunities to become confident he can make these game winners the better.

My concern is the T's. The negation of his three by the made two free throws was insignificant compared to his reduction in defensive play the T contributed to his foul trouble. Teams will be baiting him and he has to get it under control. Edmund Saunders was able to so have no doubt Andre will do the same. His defense is far more valuable than his lack of offense but it's imperative he can get a midrange game going. It will increase chances he can drive to the basket.

Loved this game from Jordan on both ends. The out of bounds save, the block, and making it difficult for his opposing player to score were terrific. He expended a lot of energy the first half and Hurley sat him on the bench for an overlong time in the second half but the coaches must have felt he needed it. He was out of rhythm when he returned. Should be rested enough for Saturday.

Reaction Score
Dre has to stop the jab step before he shoots. He's much better catching and shooting in rhythm, the jab step doesn't help him.

Agree with @fleudslipcon and @Greedo he makes a high enough percentage that he needs to shoot with confidence if they leave him open.

Reaction Score
His shot selection should be dunks and layups with the occasional floaters and 3s.
So basically what he's been doing all year, including last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom