Hawkins - The couple 3s he took didnt fall but he legit looked like an NBA athlete out there | The Boneyard

Hawkins - The couple 3s he took didnt fall but he legit looked like an NBA athlete out there

Reaction Score
The couple 3s he took didnt fall but he legit looked like an NBA athlete out there. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen someone look so much faster than everyone else on the court. It’s like watching Ronaldo run around. You can just tell how special of a player he is just by his movement.

He’s gonna drop 30 points at some point during conference play

Reaction Score
He is one of those players that obviously has "it." He has an NBA skillset and athleticism... just needs the muscle to back it up.

The comparison to Bouk people make is way, way off base though. Hawkins isn't a 1v1 creator like Bouk nor is he a creative finisher. He's an elite shooter with fantastic defense.

Reaction Score
He is one of those players that obviously has "it." He has an NBA skillset and athleticism... just needs the muscle to back it up.

The comparison to Bouk people make is way, way off base though. Hawkins isn't a 1v1 creator like Bouk nor is he a creative finisher. He's an elite shooter with fantastic defense.
He’s going to be just as effective of a 1v1 creator as Bouk because of his speed. He’s so much faster than everyone it’s gonna be impossible to stay in front of him

Reaction Score
He’s going to be just as effective of a 1v1 creator as Bouk because of his speed. He’s so much faster than everyone it’s gonna be impossible to stay in front of him

Eh he wasn't blowing by people in HS even because his handles are pretty weak for a 2 guard. If that's in his bag it's because he worked on it this summer. He has it in him, but might not be ready yet.

Reaction Score
I think this sums it up perfectly, he just has “it.” He was literally on the court for 8 minutes and right when he came in I was like yep he’s really good.

I was very high on him (like most of our fanbase) to begin with and I think he’s gonna have a huge impact on this team.

Reaction Score
The most impressive thing to me is he turned the ball over and instead of dogging it he hustled back on defense and got the ball right back. Many freshmen and a few older players would put their head down and compound it by not getting back quickly.

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
I think the Ray comparisons are more spot on than Bouk by a wide margin. Quick rise on jumpshot, body shape and similar quickness. Ray wasn't exactly a great ball handler, didn't have to be. One quick T-Rex armed crossover and pull up is all he needed. I think Hawkins could be similar.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think the Ray comparisons are more spot on than Bouk by a wide margin. Quick rise on jumpshot, body shape and similar quickness. Ray wasn't exactly a great ball handler, didn't have to be. One quick T-Rex armed crossover and pull up is all he needed. I think Hawkins could be similar.
It's a better comparison, but people really need to settle their expectations until he actually has a showout performance.

Reaction Score
Dude can let the game come to him. He’s not a make or break player for this team. He will have to be ready to play at a high level to get a lot of minutes, but he presents a nice addition to Cole and Gaffney. If the kid pops, UCONN will be flat out dangerous.

Reaction Score
The minute JH got in the game everybody started making shots as if amagic potion spread over the team. He raises all boats. Look out we are a different team with him on the floor.
You get the feeling of confidence and he hasn't shown us his D or 3pointer yet.
What about Richie Springs? Put him in the mix.

Reaction Score
Similar first reaction to when I saw Bouk. We'll be lucky if he's here past his sophomore year.

Huh? The first time we saw Bouk he showed us he could score in all sorts of ways against real competition. I'm high on Hawkins too, but if that debut reminded you of Bouk's you weren't watching the same two games I was.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom