Hawkins - The couple 3s he took didnt fall but he legit looked like an NBA athlete out there | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Hawkins - The couple 3s he took didnt fall but he legit looked like an NBA athlete out there

Reaction Score

So the NBA guys see him for 2 games and say that but the recruiting analysts watch him for a long time and decide there are 50 better prospects in the class? I guess I need to be a recruiting analyst and help these guys out. :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So the NBA guys see him for 2 games and say that but the recruiting analysts watch him for a long time and decide there are 50 better prospects in the class? I guess I need to be a recruiting analyst and help these guys out. :)
How does that work? It must be the coaching from this staff. Either that or they are just making it up as they go along.

Reaction Score
What am I missing? Nothing new here, he’s been on NBA radar since HS. The plan all along was a likely 2–and done like Bouk. I guess they want to see how he fared against high level D-1 competition.

Reaction Score
What am I missing? Nothing new here, he’s been on NBA radar since HS. The plan all along was a likely 2–and done like Bouk.
That he's a freshman and on NBA Draft radars

Reaction Score
What am I missing? Nothing new here, he’s been on NBA radar since HS. The plan all along was a likely 2–and done like Bouk. I guess they want to see how he fared against high level D-1 competition.
Don't think he was. If he was he wouldn't have been rated around 50 by the recruiting analysts. How many recruits around that rating are talked about like that? Hurley is the one who said 2 and done. Don't think anybody but Hurley was talking like that before Hawkins got to UConn.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Don't think he was. If he was he wouldn't have been rated around 50 by the recruiting analysts. How many recruits around that rating are talked about like that? Hurley is the one who said 2 and done. Don't think anybody but Hurley was talking like that before Hawkins got to UConn.
If you are rated 50 in your senior year, all things being equal, you don’t have a good chance at being a first round pick. He’s definitely outplaying those expectations.

Reaction Score
All I saw he needs to work on is his handle. I think it was @husky429 who had been
stressing his handle needs a lot of work, and he’s absolutely correct. He doesn’t dribble like a guard out there right now. But that’s fixable.

I also said after the first game I saw him he'll play in the NBA. Sticking to that one as well!

Reaction Score
Him and Bouk only ones that come to mind. Bouk was ranked even lower if I recall.

Reaction Score
Him and Bouk only ones that come to mind. Bouk was ranked even lower if I recall.
Correct. I think his ranking was lower because of the injury he had in high school and the analysts not seeing him play much. Also, I don’t think NBA scouts were saying he was a one and done prospect coming to UConn either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom