Hawkins invited to draft green room! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hawkins invited to draft green room!

Reaction Score
I think Hawkins is second best player in the draft. He is a stud at everything except dribbling. If he was 3 inches taller it would be weird. Like who goes first weird. I imagine him being Steph. Just dribbling is an issue for him. His dribbling is why Jackson became so important. We needed someone outside of newton to bring ball up
Come on now…

Reaction Score
I think Hawkins is second best player in the draft. He is a stud at everything except dribbling. If he was 3 inches taller it would be weird. Like who goes first weird. I imagine him being Steph. Just dribbling is an issue for him. His dribbling is why Jackson became so important. We needed someone outside of newton to bring ball up
Do they sell a lot of Husky Blue glasses in Connecticut? Some people on here need to get out more.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You know Ray Allen played here, right? Strange you say Hawk is easily the best shooter we've had and then say he could Ray Allen like. Ray was a 45% 3 shooter here.
Not in the Final Four he wasn't.

Reaction Score
It seems likely he'll either go 11,12, 14 or 16-19. He didn't work out for the Raptors at 13 or Hawks at 15 and they're both kinda set at 2-guard (and rumor is Raptors at 13 like Keyonte George if they do want a guard).

He doesn't really seem like a Thunder prospect either at 12 and he'd come off the bench for them and they have Isaiah Joe on a good contract already, so I'm skeptical of them as a landing spot. The Magic at 11 are seemingly going to have a lot of options of guys who were initially projected top 10 (Cason Wallace, Gradey Dick, etc.) or possibly who have been risers (Coulibaly, Bufkin, etc.), so I wouldn't be surprised if he's not top of their board despite the good fit. Could still be there, though.

The Pelicans at 14 might be moving up or dealing Zion, so who knows on them right now. Lively has also been mocked there pretty consistently.

The 16-19 range seems most likely. A lot of veteran, contending teams that could use another cheap shooter. The Jazz at 16 seem like a good possibility. ESPN has him mocked here. Although they did draft Agbaji last year, Clarkson only has player option left and seems likely to leave, so they need another 2G. Depends what they do at 9, though, and they may trade picks/consolidate. At 18, Miami is likely losing Strus, but have been in Brad Beal rumors. If they don't get Beal, I could see them going for Hawk also. He fits the Lakers but I'm inclined to believe in the Jett Howard to Lakers smoke at 17. Warriors are probably least likely just because he might go before them and they do still have a logjam at guard if they intend re-sign Klay.
The range still seems like 14 or 16-19. ESPN has him 14 to Pelicans as it seems so far like they're standing pat trade wise. That seems like the only real shot at the lottery.

Vecenie has him 19 to Golden State. Wasserman 16 to Jazz. The Ringer now has him 21 to Nets. NBADraft.net has him 17 to Lakers. Peek at Yahoo has him 17 to Lakers. SI hasn't updated in a week so they still have him at 17 to Lakers. Hollinger 16 to Jazz. Parrish 16 to Jazz.

A couple of the more plugged in sources now have agreement on George to the Jazz at 16, Jett Howard at 17 to the Lakers, and Jaquez to the Heat at 18, so those might be coalescing into truth and Hawkins may be falling a bit. Or maybe he'll go 14 and it'll all be fine.

We'll see!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The range still seems like 14 or 16-19. ESPN has him 14 to Pelicans as it seems so far like they're standing pat trade wise. That seems like the only real shot at the lottery.

Vecenie has him 19 to Golden State. Wasserman 16 to Jazz. The Ringer now has him 21 to Nets. NBADraft.net has him 17 to Lakers. Peek at Yahoo has him 17 to Lakers. SI hasn't updated in a week so they still have him at 17 to Lakers. Hollinger 16 to Jazz. Parrish 16 to Jazz.

A couple of the more plugged in sources now have agreement on George to the Jazz at 16, Jett Howard at 17 to the Lakers, and Jaquez to the Heat at 18, so those might be coalescing into truth and Hawkins may be falling a bit. Or maybe he'll go 14 and it'll all be fine.

We'll see!
Lots of smokescreens at this time. Draft betting lines are fun to watch too. Think BMiller went from like -115 to -650 or something to go #2 overall within a day.

Few years ago Bouk was o/u 11.5 & then day of draft went as low as 6.5 or 7.5 cause strong rumors to OKC. Fun time of year

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score

We'll see!
I think I saw the line for his draft position at 15.5, with the over juiced to -150 or so. I haven’t actually heard him connected to any specific teams at all this week

Reaction Score
Norlander/Boone/Finkelstein pod predicting 10-12.. As early as 10 with Dallas.. Earliest prediction I've seen.

Reaction Score
Norlander/Boone/Finkelstein pod predicting 10-12.. As early as 10 with Dallas.. Earliest prediction I've seen.
Hs and college guys mostly that don't do this full time.

Fink mentioned 14 to NOP as having some smoke, But unclear if he just saw ESPN's mock.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score

Fink mentioned 14 to NOP as having some smoke, But unclear if he just saw ESPN's mock.
True, there’s been some smoke with NOP, I know he worked out for them. That would be an awesome landing spot - they were the #1 team in the West before Zion got hurt

Obviously Zion health is enormous question mark but there’s a real path to Hawkins playing a legit role on a high end playoff team in his rookie year while still getting drafted in the lottery. Can’t really beat that

Reaction Score

From ESPN’s mock, which has him going to NO at 14, as you noted:

Hawkins could be off the board already, with Orlando and Toronto looking at him as an option, and if New Orleans were to pass, he likely won't fall too far into the teens.

Reaction Score

All I care about is once invited to the Green Room.. You hear your name inside of top 20.... Hawk deserves that much..

Reaction Score
I have this image seared into my brain of the final game when it was getting tight and Hawk iced one with defenders hanging all over him. Quickest release ever. That’s talent that can’t be taught.

Reaction Score
I'll give kudos to @husky429 who was always high on Hawkins potential as a recruit and saw a lot in him in the Dematha games, including the ability to be more than a shooter and become a defender. I admit to only seeing a good player, I think he saw star potential that materialized.
I think it was because Hawkins doesn't bring the ball down to his waist when shooting.........:rolleyes:

429 sure did see things before us, just as you did with AK.

What struck me most was the growth we saw from year 1 to year 2 in all aspects of his game, not the least of which was his confidence. That level of improvement was special and may indicate how much he just might continue to improve in his all around game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have this image seared into my brain of the final game when it was getting tight and Hawk iced one with defenders hanging all over him. Quickest release ever. That’s talent that can’t be taught.
That play showed who he can be and may get him well into the lottery.
How may 2nd year players will make that tough a shot coming off a screen at top speed in such a pressure situation, let alone have the confidence to even take the shot?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom